• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E FR 4E SPOILER - Grand Histoy of the Realms info

Glyfair

Explorer
Ruin Explorer said:
Hmmm, where can I find out more? Surely that's a mystery he can pretty quickly clear up. I mean, it's not like you murder Helm (enough with the spoiler tags I admit) y'know, casually. Not if you're supposedly the god of JUSTICE. Shouldn't he have to take himself out back and shoot himself?

Thus my editing. The description is "Tyr kills Helm in a romantic misunderstanding over the heart of Tymora." May not have been murder per se. Sounds very Shakespearean to me.

Glyfair said:
Thus my editing. The description is "Tyr kills Helm in a romantic misunderstanding over the heart of Tymora." May not have been murder per se. Sounds very Shakespearean to me.

You surely cannot be the god of Justice if you kill someone in a duel over a chick and it turns out you were tricked into the duel. Isn't the some kind of holy impeachment in the realms? I guess when reality explodes people might forget, though...

Glyfair

Explorer
Ruin Explorer said:
You surely cannot be the god of Justice if you kill someone in a duel over a chick and it turns out you were tricked into the duel.
Sure you can. That's called tragedy. That's why I said it sounds very Shakespearean. That sort of thing happens a lot in the myths.

Isn't the some kind of holy impeachment in the realms?
If it was a very mythologically active campaign I would expect repercussions.

TBoarder

Explorer
What happened with Helm was this... (My own comments in parenthese)

Siamorphe quarreled with Try as they took different sides in a clash between Tethyr and Calimsan. She removed herself from the House of the Triad and joined Sune's court in Brightwater.

Try sent Helm to plead his case with Sune and she suggested a marriage between Tyr and Tymora to set the celestial planes in balance again. (Pleads what case? Was Siamorphe's presence that vital in the House of the Triad that they needed her back?)

Helm conveys Sune's suggestion to Try and begins to chaperone a chaste courtship between the two.

Strange and fateful misunderstandings lead to the accusation that Helm has stolen Tymora's heart while conveying the gifts and sentiments of Try. A strict interpretation of his own ideals forces Tyr to challenge Helm, and Helm is obliged by his own beliefs to meet the challenge.

They do battle and Tyr kills Helm before coming to his senses. Heartbroken (Why would she be heartbroken? Did she love Helm? Were they good friends?), Tymora accompanies Tyr back to the House of the Triad. Though it can't be proved, the gods sense Cyric's hand in Helm's death. (I would assume that he was orchestrating the misunderstandings that led to the challenge)

As a side note, Ilmater removes his domain to from the House of the Triad to Brightwater, at Sune's invitation. (Sune seems to be consolidating ALOT of power and allies lately here...)

Felon

First Post
I'll have to renew my ENWorld membership at some point so I can post a link to my "Die, Mystra, Die!" thread from earlier this year. I'm glad the good folks at WotC saw how impractical to have a good-aligned character overseeing the dispensation of magic for all mages, even to the extent being the boss of the god of necromancy.

And those seven freaking sisters! Bury them deep!

skeptic said:
Killing Mystra 2.0 is great IMHO.

I don't see why Helm has to be killed, but I like that "tragedy".

Largely because the realms have too many damn gods. Tyr, Torm and Helm could easily be lumped intot he same guy. Mystra is the goddess of magic and Azuth is the god of... uh... guys who use magic? The Al-Quadim campaign book poked fun at how sad it was that not only did the gods need to have jobs doing mundane tasks, but they even had to compete with one another over the same job.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Very exciting.

Sounds kind of like the after effect of when Karsus tried to defeat the phaerim by absorbing Mystryl (sp?) essence, but failed to control it, leading to Mystryl's dissipation, Karsus's fall/death, Netheril's end, and the problems to the weave.

I'm glad Mystra was "fixed", though I wish Cyric was likewise permanently gone as well. 2/3rds of the way to fixing the Time of Trouble's panetheonic issues. ;)

Scribble

First Post
ehren37 said:
Largely because the realms have too many damn gods. Tyr, Torm and Helm could easily be lumped intot he same guy. Mystra is the goddess of magic and Azuth is the god of... uh... guys who use magic? The Al-Quadim campaign book poked fun at how sad it was that not only did the gods need to have jobs doing mundane tasks, but they even had to compete with one another over the same job.

Shrug... reminds me of the Romans... With every group they conquered they tended to just take their gods right along with it... Romans would then pick and choose who to worship and when... Super Divine Combo Meal...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads