• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[FR] Silver Marches IC

Thanee

First Post
“In the mountains... it was not just one beast, which attacked us, but about two dozen. We got into an ambush there. Orcs, they were everywhere all of a sudden. They cut down our guards one after the other, but Tymora smiled upon us and so we could defeat these monsters after a horrible battle. As you can see, only some of our companions made it alive, we lost over half a dozen good men there.”

“And yes, we are heading to Sundabar, once we have our provisions refreshed and hired enough guards to grant us the necessary protection. We will stay there for a tenday probably to sell our wares and aquire new ones and then continue eastwards along the Fork Road.”

“You are all more then welcome to join. I can offer each of you a payment of three gold pieces per day, and we take care of the food, of course.”

mackenson

First Post
Quinn says, "I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your men. Your terms sound agreeable, and I am pleased to offer my sword. What goods are you carrying?"

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
“Currently, we have mostly textiles and clothing, as well as some general goods, a few spices and so on. In Sundabar we are going to pick up tools and weapons to sell to the prospector community in Deadsnows.”

mackenson

First Post
"Hardly worth the trouble of orc bandits," Quinn says, "but perhaps they thought you might have items of greater worth. Or perhaps they did not care." He shrugs. "They might have been protecting their territory, or simply killing because it is their nature. Do you have any news of the state of the road to Sundabar?"

He glances at the others who seek to join the caravan, giving each a respectful nod.

Serpenteye

First Post
Answering the merchant, "Your terms are more than reasonable, I would be glad to join you on your journey." He nods back to Quinn, and moves his head slightly back and forwards to glance at the others.

Thanee

First Post
“The road to Sundabar is... well... snowy.” He chuckles.

“We don't know of any imminent dangers and do not expect much trouble on the way; this is a slightly more civilized region we are going to travel now, compared to the mountains. Still, we are no fools, we won't leave here unprepared, as there is always the chance to run into a gang of bandits or a pack of wolves.”

Meanwhile the dwarven guard has moved up to the group and he speaks up after Zacharias has finished.

“Aye, I am Thorgar Stonefist. You asked about those orcs and their reason to attack us. Let me tell you this. Orcs don't need no reason. As long as they find themselves at better odds, they'll strike whenever the opportunity arises. They surely didn't find an easy prey with us and their blood blackens the snow in the pass now! We have had losses, that's true, and not only a few, but some of us were still standing, while none of them made it out alive!”

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Even though the room is much warmer than outside, Soveliss wraps his new woolen cloak tightly about him.

"Three gold a day? Sounds like a fair price. Does that include meals? If they are then you have the use of my blade and bow. How long of a journey is it to Sundabar?"

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Zacharias nods. “Meals are included, of course.”

“It's a good 50 miles from Auvandell to Sundabar. Usually that would be three days, but considering the weather we should make it in four, maybe five.”

“Great, if all of you will join us, we should have plenty protection for the upcoming journey and should be able to travel safely. We will head out tomorrow morning then, just be here an hour after sunrise! I'll pay each of you five gold pieces before we start and the rest once we arrive in Sundabar. Or are there any other questions?”

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
"I have all the information I'm going to need. I bid you all a good night and hope to see you tomorrow." With those words he turns around and walks quickly out of the building, suddenly very uncomfortable with their eyes upon him.
After making his way to his room at the inn he quickly falls asleep, troubled by elusive and surreal dreams, his lidless eyes staring blindly into the ceiling.

Remove ads