[FR] The Speaker in Dreams

ferretguy

First Post
Greyore

Finally entering through the gates, the dwarf finally allows his belly to direct him to where the closest vendor of succulent meats has his shop. Purchasing a fine haunch of meat he wanders the fair,trying his best to keep the grease from dripping onto the covered holy symbol of Morradin.

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

As the young man approaches her, Alexi stops looking through the clothes and swiftly turns around.

“Him! It's him. Blackwing doesn't like to be called ‘it’. Well... he's a companion, he watches over me, while I travel. I wouldn't really call it a relationship, however, although, yeah, it probably could be seen as that from the outside.” Her smile carries a faint touch of embarrassment. “I guess it's a bit strange, if one speaks with an animal around here... those guards gave me some strange looks, too. Must be that.” She subconsciously fingers at the bonds around her fingers, while she talks, but leaves them, once she notices.

She also can't help but notice the obvious reason the man asked her, looking at the wood carved decorations of crows and other animals he is wearing.

“And you? You seem to have some special relationship with animals... crows specifically?”

Ghostknight

First Post
Maneuvering his bulk through the crowds Tycher wanders through the fair, eying the various delicacies on offer and looking for where the famous shows are meant to be. Wandering through the crowds he also keeps an eye out for anyone who cis in need of assistance- surely in this crowd there must be suffering one?

cdsaint

First Post
Daku

Apologies to brother Blackwing then. Yes, my tribe reveres several totems, crows among them. And I also have a sort of companion who is a crow and has been with me since my childhood. I must admit seeing you speaking with Blackwing made me miss my other friends in The Waste, and I wondered if you might not be far from home as well. If so, perhaps we might keep each other company, and watch each others backs while we enjoy the fair?

Shenanigans

First Post
Jamal notices several marks that have purses hanging a little too far out, although it seems a few other pickpockets are working the grounds today. One made quite a ruckus when he was caught pinching a purse by the everpesent guards, and was dragged kicking and screaming to the prison.

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

The young woman nods towards the shaman.

“You are right, I am far from my home. I came from Calimport far in the south. I wouldn't mind your company, but I doubt we need to watch our backs, this seems to be a very peaceful place.”

Saying that, she presents her peacebonded fingers, smiling faintly. Then her smile widens while she reaches out for him with one hand.

“Oh, I'm Alexi. Nice to meet you...”

She sounds like she would like to continue the sentence, but can't, obviously.

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
Daku

Daku. I am called Daku. Let us see then what treasures this fair holds.

As they move off through the fair Daku mutters under his breath

Yes Brother, we should keep our eyes open anyway. Trouble often attends when uninvited, and always unexpected.

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Hmmm...those guards seem quite watchful...best rein in my urge to steal...although I can still have some fun, and perhaps weed out some of the competition at the same time...no honor among thieves as they say,Jamal thinks with a mental laugh.

Jamal will play the part of the upright and honorable citizen, and walk up to a guard. He will very politely and quietly point out several of the pickpockets he can spot working the crowd.

"Just doing my civic duty sir...we can't let these ruffians steal from honest hardworking citizens..."

Shenanigans

First Post
As the guards thank you and pull the theives in, you get quite a bit of cursing and empty threats thrown your way by the would be pickpockets. You notice the few pickpockets that you didnt point out to the guards have moved to other parts of the fair.

Anyone have anything else to do in the fair?There are tons of merchants that normaly wouldnt be here, so if you forgot anything you wanted to buy, chances are you can get it here.

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
Daku

Daku is still keeping his eye out for exotic hardwoods and trouble. Brother crow (spirit guide) is keeping his eyes out for trouble.

Remove ads