• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Frankencow wants revenge!

Janx

Hero
No. Just pointing out that "...it's neither common, nor uncommon. Its circumstantial," is rather like saying, "useful statistics cannot be drawn," which I believe to be flatly incorrect.

Well my counter point was that a broad statistic like that isn't useful either. Planetary % chance of getting hurt by farm animal regardless of activity isn't even close to precise. Some context matters. At least apply a category filter as I indicated with Vets vs. Farmers and their likelyhood of getting hurt respectively.

otherwise, your original point made it sound like farm animals were super dangerous. They're not safe, but the % chance of injury isn't that high, depending on the context.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I don't disagree with that. Merely that it's neither common, nor uncommon. Its circumstantial. Getting in the same room as a bull or riding a bull is dangerous as heck. Walking through the cow pasture to fix the fence is not.

Circumstantial indeed.

Cutting across the cow pasture and having the old bull at the far end of the field see you and start charging while you run for the barb wire fence and scoot through so fast you tear your shirt and pants is scarey.

And it all depends on the circumstances.

Remove ads