D&D General Frankensetting!

The Omniverse

GUC.png

In practical terms, there would be no point to this (too large a scale, nobody would care), but a big part of me would love to just chop Kara-Tur out of the Forgotten Realma and place the Flannaes out there as the western part of the supercontinent. Tie the Baklunish into Narfell, Damara, Vassa, Thesk and Sossell, tie the Owrdians in with the Heartlands and Wrstern Sea of Fallen Stars, tie the Suliose in with the southeast...the Eastern edge of Toril and Western edge of the Flannaes are quite compatible...
1696403556054.png

I've always wanted to do that as well, never got around to. But found this map long ago.

Aldarc

Legend
Christopher Perkins's Iomandra homebrew setting felt a bit like a Frankensetting comprised of Nentir Vale and the Council of Wyrms.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I'd kind of like to do a super zoomed in setting that takes Kara-Tur as its primary focus, ignoring the rest of FR, Ravenloft as a very real nightmare realm (but no longer Western European in form), and a slightly less dark Shadowfell as a place that fills the gap between the two.

Epic Meepo

Adventurer
Back in the day, when I looked at the maps from the first the Dark Sun boxed set and the "Valley of Dust and Fire" adventure, it occurred to me that the entire Dark Sun setting described up to that point would fit almost perfectly inside the Anauroch Desert in the Forgotten Realms setting. I drew a quick hand-drawn map, but never really did much with it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Back in the day, when I looked at the maps from the first the Dark Sun boxed set and the "Valley of Dust and Fire" adventure, it occurred to me that the entire Dark Sun setting described up to that point would fit almost perfectly inside the Anauroch Desert in the Forgotten Realms setting. I drew a quick hand-drawn map, but never really did much with it.
It I'd a fascinating idea that the Tablelands might think they are the whole world, but the whole world is actually doing fine, thanks.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
Which parts from which official D&D settings have you or would you stitch together into a Frankensetting for a home campaign?

I really like the concept of PlaneJammer -- a Planescape and Spelljammer hybrid that leans into planar travel through the Astral Sea by way of Spelljammers. I would use Eberron as the main aesthetic of the Prime because it is cooler than any of the other terrestrial D&D settings, but if a player wanted a PC from pretty much and D&D setting (or Golarion or whatever) i would allow it in such a game.

What would you do?

My home game D&D world has ultimately become a stitching together of four different settings, but they are connected to each other by time travel. Trade and travel between these four time periods is therefore accomplished via extremely rare, heavily-guarded portals.

Also, just for fun, I have the Sun being a different color for each setting.

Planegea (Stone Age prehistoric fantasy) is the deep past, where the Sun is a white star.

Mystara (Quasi-Historical heroic fantasy) is the past, where the Sun is a yellow star.

Red Steel is the future, where the Sun is an orange subgiant star.

My interpretation of Red Steel is different from the original, being a Cyberpunk science fantasy instead of simply an extension of Mystara. Basically, I turned it into Shadowrun.

Dark Sun (Dying Earth sword & sorcery) is the far future, where the Sun is a red giant star.

Remove ads