• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Freedom League Unlimited

Bialaska

First Post
"Nothing much's up, just waiting and stuff," Wendy comments to Stone, before turning her attention back to the surroundings, waiting impatiently for the Freedom League to begin the briefing.

Wendy frowns slightly when noticing the entry of Tailspinner as the last arrival, then looking a bit confused.

"Why is the fastest the latest?" she mutters to herself, before finally shrugging it off, she'll not figure such complex thoughts out anyway, right?

hero4hire

Explorer
Pseudo makes no move to acknowledge those who enter. Instead he hovers amidst a number of holographic display panels that are constantly shifting and changing to different locales. Some of you have heard rumors that the alien has taken up a sort of permanent 'Monitor Duty'. Indeed it is gossiped that the Grue has not left the Lighthouse in over a year.

hybrid.jpg

There is a long uncomfortable moment of silence before Pseudo announces in a hollow monotone.
"There is a hostage situation at the Hunter Museum of Natural History. The FCPD STAR Squad is on site but has reported at least two metahumans involved. Police Commissioner Barbara Kane has requested our assistance." Pseudo stops for a moment before continuing in the chilly tone, not once making eye contact. "Take a teleportal to Freedom City and Report to Captain Maddicks. He will be able to give you an updated assessment of the situation."

Last edited:

Elric

First Post
There is a long uncomfortable moment of silence before Pseudo announces in a hollow monotone...

"Sure. But, Pseudo, you could use a vacation. Make someone else take Monitor duty for a week, then go to Hawaii or something. You could even just hang out at Freedom Hall. This Lighthouse is an amazing place, but it's as isolated as it is amazing."

hero4hire

Explorer
Still refusing to make eye contact the Grue responds in Dragonfist's mind.

Your concern is noted David Reed. However as a Grue, I have little need for such recreational activities. The concept of a 'Vacation' as you call it is...alien to me. For now you should concern yourselves with the lives of the hostages below.

Bialaska

First Post
"This is so awesome! Come on, let's go!" Sure she might have a brain the size of a pea, but she kinda makes up for it in enthusiasm... Or something.

Wendy hurries in the direction of the teleportal with a smile on her face. "Maybe I should have asked more about those metas," she then suddenly realizes, but then shrugs it off. No reason to be concerned about the past, but live in the present, that's a good motto.

DM_Matt

First Post
"This is so awesome! Come on, let's go!" Sure she might have a brain the size of a pea, but she kinda makes up for it in enthusiasm... Or something.

Wendy hurries in the direction of the teleportal with a smile on her face. "Maybe I should have asked more about those metas," she then suddenly realizes, but then shrugs it off. No reason to be concerned about the past, but live in the present, that's a good motto.

(Assuming that sg's comment was out loud)

"Sounds like the cops would know anything the League would at this point. They should be able to tell us what we need. The sooner we get there the better, though."

Max heads to the teleportal, then to wherever we are supposed to meet Captain Maddicks.

OOC: Standing HP policy is to reroll for staggered or worse damage, or for exhausted or helpless, unless I am no more than 50% likely to improve the situation with a reroll.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
You step through the teleportal and instantly thousands of miles to the second floor of Freedom Hall.

freedomhall.jpg

The sensation leaves you all feeling a bit off, akin to motion sickness one gets from reading in a car. You are told it takes some getting used to. Thankfully the feeling quickly passes.

Using your various modes of transportation, either personal or provided by a handy sky-bike you all arrive at the Hunter Museum of Natural History just north of Liberty Park.
The museum itself is an impressive piece of architecture. A huge three story building of marble and steel, the building looks like it belonged on a hilltop in ancient Greece where oracles divined the future from Apollo or where priests paid homage to Zeus. Before the lofty marble columns stand dozens of police cars. A crowd has formed behind Police Lines and shouts and cheers herald your arrival. "Look the Freedom League."
A tall heavily muscled man seems to be in charge. He is square jawed and sports a military style haircut. On his uniform he is sporting a patch not only showing his rank but affiliation.
Kratz.jpg

star.jpg

Upon spotting your arrival “Bulldog” Maddicks commander of the Freedom STAR Squad yells; "Aww crap! I told Kane my boys and me can handle this! We don't need a buncha amateurs mucking things up! You Leaguers can get the hell outta here before ya get someone shot!"

Last edited:

Remove ads