Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

Karl Green

First Post
She looks out and says "Aye there be a cold storage room out back, behind the main building. There is a trap door on the floor that leads underground that we use. We got the ice from the city, some magi or alchemist type has perfected a way of making this ice that lasts for a really long time. It steams a whole lot though... that might do the trick"

It takes Villard about 15 minutes to find the place and return with a bag full of the ice. It is almost grey in color, but when thrown on the mold it does the trick. After a couple more minutes most all of the mold is gone and the older man and woman can escape without fear of it. They return with you to the surface.

Seen in a better light the girl is a rather attractive young woman, standing just over 5ft tall, with short blond hair (cut rather boyish in fact). She looks to Torren and Villard and raises her hand to shake anyone willing and says "I'm Bianka Altanish by the way. Thank you again. I'm an Acolyte here... well when there was a building here. Anyway thanks for coming to our rescue and all. I don't see a boat around anywhere. How are you all a planning on getting off this rock. We must return the mainland to secure timber and building material. Can't imagine that the dead aren't just staking up back in Freeport. Now then, about any extra food or water you lads might have…"

JimAde

First Post
Torren executes a bow and takes the lady's hand. "Torren Blackquill at your service," he says. "Unfortunately we have neither a ship nor much in the way of supplies. We were hoping that you might provide the latter, while my friend the Captain is keeping a weather eye out for the former. If necessary he might carry a message back to the city for us." Rummaging in his leather bag he says, "I do have a few morsels in here for yourself and the father. Not the best, I'm afraid, but any port in a storm, as they say. I suspect we're all getting a bit peckish." He hands the lady some wrapped food.

[OOC: I had three days' travelling rations on my character sheet, which were included in my encumbrance...]

DarkMaster

First Post
Being intimidated by the women attractivness, Villard shakes her hand nervously. Scarred of saying something stupid, he stays silent.

Villards, quite shy, doesn't know where to stand, so he quickly turns his attention towards finding a way to leave this place. [OOC Does Villard knows what would be the shortest path from the Island to the main land, It doesn't have to be the city, we could walk once on the mainland (knowledge geography 8)] Villards heads towards the ruins to see if he could find some pieces of woods or other material that could be used for building a raft.

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch chitters something incorrigible and explores the room the two were in a bit more. Torren can take care of those two.

[Search + whatever, taking his time]

rangerjohn

Explorer
Black Jack Fighter/Rogue

Digging through his pack Jack comes up with some food. "I'm afraid its mostly sailors rations, salt pork and hard tack. But you're welcome to share. If a ship doesn't come soon we will have to suplement some how. Fishing or hunting, probalbly fishing?" He says turning to the woodsman questioningly"

OOC: Black Jack had 2 weeks trail rations.

DarkMaster

First Post
Villard looks back at the pirate "We'll find something, don't worry." he turns his back and heads towards the ruins "Don't stay there, make yourself usefull" Villard continue, with his usual lack of tact.

[I assume that Villard Survival +10 in natural environement should be able to provide for him + 5 other taking 10 for the DC20]

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
OK big note I am heading out to my flight tonight so I might not get to post much more, but I want to resolve this before I head out. Right now, I posted all of your 'signature' item stuff over in the Rogues Galley area. I will post it over there also BUT your XP is 3500 for Part 1. When I get back, any who are still around and what to keep playing I will start up Part 2. After Part 2, depending on XP I might run a couple of short adventures in Freeport and then I hope we will start on Black Sails over Freeport. I want the group to be at least 6th and maybe even 7th when I start that. The mega adventure is pretty big though so we will see :)

NOW notes from the game...

The closes land is about 8 miles away, while Freeport is father, so no walking back.

If you give the Captain a message he should be able to make back to Freeport and is smart enough to be able to take it to someone 'in the know as it were'

Nothing in the small room but a shire to Wee Jess and some soiled clothing etc.

The two thank Torrin and Black Jack for the food and water, eating and drinking it down a little to fast. Sailors' Rations or not, they are not very picky at this half-starved point. After Captain is sent off on his way with a message, the party sets up camp near the cave to stay out of the weather but it does not look like it will rain this night. As darkness falls a boat with six of the Sea Lords Watch appear down at the docks. They have a small sailing craft that can easily carry everyone, and want to be away from the island tonight. The boat with the characters arrives back in Freeport around 2AM in the morning, and the characters all stumble off to bed, but the boat's pilot asked each of you your name and where you can be reach in the morn.

After sleeping in, resting (and re-learning spells) the characters all receive a note from the Lady Marilise Maeorgan, a member of the Captains Council (the ruling body in Freeport) with an 'summons' to come to her manner this morning within the Old City.

When the group arrives, they are greeted by a butler and a number of well-dressed personal guards and shown into a dinning area. A younger, very beautiful woman, with long black curly hair is set at the head of the table, along with Bianka Altanish. Bianka is dressed in a simple blouse and pants, rather unlady like, while the other woman is dressed in a very fine blue dress. They both stand, Bianka smiling at you all (her eyes seem to linger on Villard longer the rest).

The other lady nods and says "Thank you for coming gentle folk, I am most pleased to meet you. I am the Lady Maeorgan. Miss Altanish was just telling me her tales of your deeds. I am most impressed and wanted to speak with you all. Please have a seat and join us for breakfast. Tea? Coffee? Fresh juices perhaps? Anything to eat? I can have my cook prepare you something."

The lady asks each of the players to tell their tales if they would, later on she informs them of some 'small reward', giving them each an additional 50gp and a week stay at the Last Resort. One of the finer inns within the city, the Lady wishes to let the characters all relax there for a week. She will pay all expenses and they are to refresh and recoup in nicer quarters.

Residents of the city know that the Last Resort overlooks a private dock on the Marina, an imposing building of white stone with polished brass lamps illuminating the outside at night. The building is five stories tall, and none of you have probably ever even been in the dinning room (which is said to serve some of the best lobster and freshest fish in town).

When we return Freeport Part 2 - Intrigue Inn (aka the Haunted Place)

Last edited:

Remove ads