Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]I'm going to move this along a bit and post for the two who heard something...[/occ]

As Torren is about ready to throw his little bundle, Black Jack and Zoraster both say that they heard something like crying from inside the room...

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot

"I think I heard someone crying back there. But we're going to need a lot more acid to make a big enough hole to get through. Hmm... If it tries to get to get to heat, do you think it might retreat from cold? But we don't have anything that cold anyway."

Edit OOC: Heh, Karl beat me to it by 4 minutes.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
A hole eh? Hrm...

Kitsch eyes the hole curiously.

OOC: How big is the hole? With Escape Artist I can fit through really small spaces, with tumbling and my muy-bueno reflex save I might be able to get through.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Black Jack Elf Rogue/Fighter

"Hark, I 'eard a cry as well. Your idea of cold could have merit mayhap. Alas, am as without cold as I am fire. Ho, the room, Ye have any advise for this mold?"

Karl Green

First Post
The hole is only a few inches wide, not enough for anyone to fit though yet...

At Black Jacks shout, there is quit in the room for a few moments when a females' voice shouts back "Ah hello, who's out there? Are you part of the Sea Lords Guard? You speak common well enough, so I am rather hopeful that you are not one of those Sea Devil raiders. There are two of us in here… oh and don't get to close to the door. That mold can suck the heat out of you within seconds. I released it on the outside of the door when the Sea Devils attacked. We could not fight them all off, and it was the only thing I could think of to keep them out. It is vulnerable to cold, the only thing that can kill it. Oh do you have any foot or water? We have very little water and no food in here for a couple of days now I would guess…"

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
Torren heaves a heavy sigh. "We have little in the way of provisions, but we can probably scare something up," he shouts. "Hold on in there." He turns to his companions. "All right, if we haven't any cold, perhaps we can use heat to lure it away from the door. Failing that, I have another idea. That tiny hole I made in the door might be big enough for something to pass through. I might be able to toss the weighted end of a rope in, have the folk inside tie it to the knob, then we can all heave the door off its hinges. Sound good?"

[OOC: I know it's a small hole, but I have True Strike prepared as well as Animate Rope. Between them I hope we can do it.]

EDIT: And Cat's Grace! If I cast the spells on somebody with a big dex, already...

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Black Jack Elf Rogue/Fighter

"Well I suppose we could tie a rope to one of my arrows, thar matey. But as for pulling the door open, now that be taking a bit ah doin."

DarkMaster

First Post
Villard observes his compagnion without a word. He was thinking about using his potion of sanctuary but that would requires to touch the mold and that doesn't seems to be a good idea.

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch shrugs to himself about going through the hole.

He chitters something to himself and then signs to Torren ~pulling the door off might be the best bet we have for now, unless you can get that mold to follow heat somehow~

JimAde

First Post
[OOC: Making a couple of assumptions here, let me know if I'm out of line :)]
"All right, then. Let's try the lure first," says Torren. Grabbing a torch from a wall sconce he gets it lit after a moment's effort. He advances slowly toward the mold, holding the flaming torch as far out as he can. As he reaches the edge of the mold, he tries to entice it to follow him along the wall back away from the door.

Remove ads