Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

Ferrix

Explorer
Karl Green said:
Spoiler for Kitsch
Looking at his crossbow closely he notices that there is a word or a phrase burned onto the side of it. It is very small, but not small enough that he would not have noticed it before. The word or phrase is up to you or I will figure out something BUT you do now that yes, whenever you say this word from now on, your Crossbow will has the 'Frost' enhancement onto it

For Karl
it'd have to be in Filcher if he had to speak it, something along the lines of "twilight's chill", otherwise it might be a rune that he has to rub his hand across or something like that.

Karl Green

First Post
Ferrix said:
For Karl
it'd have to be in Filcher if he had to speak it, something along the lines of "twilight's chill", otherwise it might be a rune that he has to rub his hand across or something like that.

[occ]Sure sounds good to me!![/occ]

Ferrix

Explorer
Approaching the door again, Kitsch gives it a go of searching the door itself, checking to see if it is locked, potentially trapped and so on. He will then attempt to disable any devices which could be harmful and open the lock if locked, otherwise he'll try to open the door. He'll also try not to touch any of the frosty-mold.

[Search +6, Disable Device +8, Open Locks +12]

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Again all sorry for letting this game slide[occ]

Ferrix said:
Approaching the door again, Kitsch gives it a go of searching the door itself, checking to see if it is locked, potentially trapped and so on. He will then attempt to disable any devices which could be harmful and open the lock if locked, otherwise he'll try to open the door. He'll also try not to touch any of the frosty-mold.

[Search +6, Disable Device +8, Open Locks +12]

Search check 12 +6 =18, Kitsch can find no traps.
The mold and the frost covers the lock and the whole door, and is also spread over the bodies on the ground. There does not seem to be any place where it is not. As carefully as possible, Kitsch tries to get to the lock...
Reflex save 11+10 =21
...but the frost almost seems to seek out the filcher's hand, reaching out at him. Kitsch is able to move back fast enough before it hurt him but he is pretty sure he can not get to the lock without getting the mold on him...
Int roll 16 +2 =18
...For some reason, Kitsch also thinks that the "mold" was attracted to his body heat; it grew just a bit the closer he got to it.

JimAde

First Post
"Kitsch, my friend," Torren says concernedly. "Come away from there. Let's try to destroy that stuff from a distance. Perhaps some alchemical fire, or a few vials of acid will take care of it."

JimAde

First Post
Ferrix said:
Skittering back from the searing frost, Kitsch signs to Torren ~indeed, hungry moss~
Looking over the filcher for injury Torren says, "Have you any of that alchemical fire left? I never carry the stuff myself you know."

JimAde

First Post
rangerjohn said:
"Indeed, I tend to use my weapons."
Torren replies, "I have just gotten into the habit of avoiding open flames. Too much time aboard ship, I suppose," he says with a shrug.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] Assuming one of the braver adventure advances with a torch (as you have not other "fire")...[/occ]

Advancing on the fire with a touch, Torren notices that as the fire gets closer to the mold, it actually gets colder in the tunnel... the mold is almost reaching for the torch... fire might not be a good idea against this mold.

Last edited:

Remove ads