Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

JimAde

First Post
Karl Green said:
[occ] Assuming one of the braver adventure advances with a torch (as you have not other "fire")...[/occ]

Advancing on the fire with a touch, Torren notices that as the fire gets closer to the mold, it actually gets colder in the tunnel... the mold is almost reaching for the torch... fire might not be a good idea against this mold.
"Hmm. Acid it is, then," says Torren, backing away from the mold. "I haven't any with me, though. I'll have to get some from the shop and come back." He thinks for a moment. "Of course, I know a minor spell that produces acid. But I would need to prepare myself." He closes his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose and rubbing his face in exhaustion. "And I don't think I can manage it without some rest."

Kangaxx

First Post
Zoraster Surefoot

"How much acid is that spell going to make? 'Cause that's a lot of mold."

Zoraster's interest in the mold has perked up after seeing it reach for Kitsch.

JimAde

First Post
Kangaxx said:
"How much acid is that spell going to make? 'Cause that's a lot of mold."

Zoraster's interest in the mold has perked up after seeing it reach for Kitsch.
Torren shrugs. "Each one makes just a little, but I could cast it a dozen times or so if I prepare myself correctly."

[OOC: I'm just talking about Acid Splash, but that many castings might do it. GM call, obviously.]

JimAde

First Post
Karl Green said:
[occ] I am not overly harsh when it comes to Cantrips, you can "change" those you have at a rate of 5-10 minutes for each spell...[/occ]
[OOC: So I have 7 spells prepared (of all levels) so I can turn them all into Acid Splash in about an hour? Or am I completely misunderstanding?]

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Ah maybe... I was thinking you could change any Cantrips you have to other Cantrip without much problems... not sure about higher level spells, but... not a horrible idea... so long as it is just a cantrip

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch sits back a bit, rolling a pair of dice over and over in his fingertips. Just let him do his thing, he thinks as Torren mulls over burning a way through the mold.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]OK just making an assumption here, that Torren asks the party to give him 10 minutes or so to try out a theory and sits down to relearn one of his cantrips and change it over to Acid Splash...[/occ]

Standing back up after a moment, Torren focuses for a second, mutters some words, spits into his hand and tosses a greenish glob at the door. Hissing and burning for a second, the acid burns easily through the door. The mold seems to just move out of the way as it were, where the door is destroyed the mold just collects around the hole. But there is a hole in the door now… when Black Jack and Zoraster think that they might have hear a muffled gasp of surprise and some light crying, coming from beyond the door…

JimAde

First Post
"Hm. Well that didn't do much," Torren says irritably. "I'm running out of ideas. Let's see how it likes this. Cover your ears, all." He draws a rock from his leather bag and hurls it at the door, hurriedly covering his own ears while the stone is in flight.

[OOC: Thunderstone. I know they don't do any real damage, but it's worth a shot. Torren apparently didn't hear the sounds from the far side of the door.]

DarkMaster

First Post
Villard hussles back from the grave of fortune he did for his beloved. He just overheard Torren recommendation and covers his ear. he looks at the mold and his compagnion and can't help wondering why a bit of mold is scarring them so badly.

[OoC sorry for the late post for some reason the IC thread wasn't in my registered thread.]

Remove ads