Freeport- Part 1: the Problem with Crematoriums

Karl Green

First Post
As the torch draws nearer the mold it does in fact come towards the heat; but Torren notices that that heat is causing the mold to grow NOT move so much.

Retreating back, looking over the hole, Torren is pretty sure that with True Strike he could toss a hook through the hole to drag it out. It takes a couple of minutes to do it but the with his rope and hook, Torren casts his spells and tosses...
Attack roll 17 +20 +5 =42 a hit (I was assuming a DC 30)
...easily hooking it part of it in the hole and holding it fast. With everyone taking a hold of the rope and pulling as hard as they can the door eventually gives way and is ripped out of it hinges.

While much of the mold was on the door but part of it is still on and around the doorframe, the bodies and the walls nearby. Looking in from the hallway, the group can see a small ceremonial room, with a small shrine to Wee Jass, and two humans. It is pretty dark within the room and the only light is your torches, but you can make out a younger woman and an older man, both cold, tired and dirty. The older man looks like he has been crying for a while, but the woman (well most like girl) looks at you with steady eyes and says "Aye now that did the trick, but I am not sure if we can could survive running past the remaining mold. It would cause a quick frost burn, even with minimal contact. I might make it but I am not so sure about Brother Golmon here. He is not that young and has… well been through a lot here… Got any ideas?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch will look at the now vacant doorframe, probably far larger than his wee size, he'll sign to Torren ~going in for a look~ and then attempt to do some sort of acrobatic tumbling through the doorframe, avoiding as much of the mold as possible.

[Can't find the rogues gallery thread to put my modifiers up for tumble and what not and not at my own computer to get them there]

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]I have your sheet, with a +15 so...Tumble check 17 +15 =32[/occ]

Kitsch easy tumbles past the mold, and while he is a little cold he suffers no ill affects. Inside he gets a better look at the young woman and the older man, both look a bit surprised by his appearance for a second. The girl looks at him and says "Ah, what are you? You are not any like of simian that I have ever seen before. Interesting..."

The older man says "Your not going to hurt us are you?" and he rubs a small silver holy symbol.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Black Jack Elf Rogue/Fighter

"I don't think he speaks common. But from what I understand, he is there to help. If we can get you out, perhaps you can speak to his friend. They seem able to communicate well enough."

DarkMaster

First Post
Villard carefully study the mold and try to see if he can identify it and/or know something useful about it.

OoC [Knowledge nature and survival 8]

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Normally it is Knowledge/Dungeoneering, but I will give you a chance but at penalty...

Know check oops 18 +8 =26

Valliad has heard of a type of mold that grows only in caves or deep, deep in the old forests of the main land. Called white mold or ice growth it grows in the presence of heat. The only way he knows how it can be killed it from exposer to cold... maybe they a have a cold room around here for storage or something?

DarkMaster

First Post
[OoC like storing bodies ;), and thanks for the mold, I was hoping that it was some kind of natural mold that can grow outside too.]

Valliard looks around to see if he can see some kind of cold room use to store body or food

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Villard remembers that within the room where he put his beloved was very cool, that part is pretty much destroyed by the fire. There might be another one, but the caves down here go on very deep and branches out all over the place... it could take a long time to explore it all. There might be some food storage areas also, but again it could be anywhere...

Inside the small shire room the young woman says "Ah ok, so then my little friend, how do you think we should get out of here? And if you have any food or water for the father here..."

Remove ads