• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

From Homebrew to Publishing

Muleskinner

First Post
Now that the OGL has been in place for nearly two months, I was wondering if anyone has taken the leap toward publishing. So, how's it going? And by "it" I mean things like artwork and maps, lawyers, accountants, digital and physical copyright shenanigans, etc.

Background: In the last few years, I reconnected with some of my old AD&D group (circa late 80's). One of the guys (PhD in Anthropology) built a stout homebrew world, which I have been play-testing with a group of gamers (ages 11 to 46). The group has varying degrees of RPG competency within it, and we have gotten positive feedback from our players, so in short, we would like to publish. So, let's have some open discussion on how to best navigate the waters of the ever-evolving publishing industry and produce nourishing content for hungry DMs.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads