From The Shadows (A Ravenloft Campaign)

CoolHand

First Post
Using his bulk to his advantage, Thadeus pins the girl beneath his wait. His strong hands grip her wrists to keep her blade safely at bay.

"What'r ye about, lass?" he asks at last. "We've had enough fightin' for now."

[sblock]That's fine. I can play along either way.[/sblock]

Xen155

First Post
Erasmus clears his throat and tosses the book into the middle of the group and kneels infront of the small child and begins to quietly sing a jovial song of sunny days.
[sblock]
perform (oratory) 18 [/sblock]

Last edited:

SyrinxNymph

First Post
[sblock] I'll be staying in this one either way. I might be forced out of the GMF campaign anyway. [/sblock]

Karina coughs and looks at Thadeus, wide-eyed with disbelief. She stares at him, speechless with anger.

"Well, perhaps you might let me up first before we talk. Take my weapon if you want; I'm in no position to use it anyway, it seems," she says through clenched teeth. "If this is the way you treat friends, then perhaps it would be better for you to kill me after all."

[sblock] Apologies for the incoherence. [/sblock]

CoolHand

First Post
Thadeus breaks into a wide, toothy grin. "Yo ho," he adds with sly wink as he gets to his feet and offers the girl his hand. "Ah, keep yer sword then." He looks about sheepishly for a moment, embarrassed at his miscalculation. "Ahem..." the Priest clears his throat nervously. "I coulda swore you were goin' after the lad here," he nods toward Varren as he absently pats at the mud and grime caked upon his robes. "And as you can likely see he's had a bad enough go of it already. The name is Thadeus, by the way. Brother Thadeus of...well, not o' this place I can tell ye that much," he adds with a wry smile, looking about at the strange woods.

Xen155 said:
Erasmus clears his throat and tosses the book into the middle of the group and kneels infront of the small child and begins to quietly sing a jovial song of sunny days.
[sblock]
perform (oratory) 18 [/sblock]
The book lands with a heavy thud, but the girl doesn't seem to notice, her attention fixed on the bushes. Slowly your realize that she hasn't blinked in a few minutes, and that her shallow breathing is barely perceptable.

SyrinxNymph

First Post
Karina gives a wry smile at Thadeus and laughs lightly, indicating Varren. "It looks as if he might be an easy target in his current condition. I might well have killed him before you could have reacted, had that been my aim."

[sblock] Do I need to make a bluff check? That's definitely a lie. [/sblock]

She clears her throat. "I've been following these men for quite some time, though I do not know their aim or motivation-" Karina stops short, noticing the child for the first time. "Wait..."

She walks over to look at the girl, but maintains a small distance. "Are you all right, little one?"

SyrinxNymph

First Post
"Hello?"

She waves her hand in front of the child's face. "Are you there?"

Sighing and giving up, she backs off again and looks off in the same direction as the girl.

Nightcloak

First Post
Varren listens to the dialog. It is as if he is not there for several moments. Slowly, everything again takes perspective and he relaxes.

With a final deep breath and a chuckle he nods to Karina, "You should be careful young lady, you scared eight of the nine hells out of me." With a more serious look to Thadeus, "Thank you".

With that, Varren decides he doesn't want to crowd the little girl and takes up the task of watching the woods for any other surprises.

Remove ads