From The Shadows (A Ravenloft Campaign)

While Varren's intense emotion lends power to his strike, his wound hampers his aim, and the attack swings short.

Alexander charges in to aid another ally in need, and his aim is once again precise. A powerful strike severs his enemy's head, killing him instantly.

CoolHand

First Post
Thadeus gathers himself, not entirely certain if he is more shaken by the attack, the odd feeling of detachment in this strange place, or his young squire referring to him as 'Father' Thadeus. "Father indeed," he mutters, gripping tightly his mace as he moves to join the battle. He arrives just in time to catch some spatter from the newly fallen foe.

"Well, lad," Thadeus begins with a grimace as he tries in vain to clean the blood from his cloak, "That blade o' yers seems weapon enough for the lot o' us." He strides forward, a mix of pride and pain evident on his round face. "But about that 'Father' business..." A sharp pain causes him to wince. He flexes his knee and rubs away the ache. "Danged rust keeps creepin' up on me." He turns his attention back to the group. "Now what were it I was sayin'? Ah yes, good fightin', me boy. A bit messy for me taste, but effective no less."

SyrinxNymph

First Post
A girl with dark red hair and green eyes charges into the fray, screaming, "for Nerull!" She brandishes a small sword and heads toward the surviving man.

[sblock] Attack: 16
Damage (if it hits): 3 [/sblock]

Nightcloak

First Post
Varren falls to the ground. His blood pumping and breath coming in deep strokes.

"I..."

He just stares at Thadeus for a moment. The good man's nature and remarks brings him around, like a solid anchor for a ship in troubled waters. When his voice returns and he calms down, he rises to thank the men for helping.

"Thank you gentle..."

A girl with dark red hair and green eyes charges into the fray, screaming, "for Nerull!"

"AHHHHH!!!" Varren screams as he jumps up with his sword, his nerves completely shot...

CoolHand

First Post
Thadeus looks to Varren's wound, sympathy growing in his eyes. "I'm sorry I've no healin' left to give ye." Another scream steals his thoughts. He turns to see a wild-eyed woman launch into the clearing, her sword aimed in Varren's direction.

Uncertain if he can make it in time, Thadeus attempts a move he has used many a time to catch an attacker unaware--with two great strides he dives low, hoping to catch the woman's legs beneath his weight and bowl her over while staying clear of her blade. If effective, the maneuver should knock her to the ground where the good Brother is certain he can use his strength and sheer mass to overpower her without doing too much harm. Of course, if not effective...well, it's been a good run.

[sblock]Unarmed attack 14 (+3 I think...don't have my character sheet in front of me...sorry) = 17[/sblock]

Thadeus throws himself at the charging woman, tackling her just a few feet from Varren.

Thadeus & Karina:
[sblock]Lets have a grapple check from both of you.
SN: I used your attack roll as your opposed grapple check. Lost by one ;) [/sblock]

CoolHand

First Post
"Yo ho!" Thadeus yells as he and the women tumble across the rough ground. She proves a fiesty foe, but the good Brother is no novice to the most ancient of fighting styles.

[sblock]I rolled another 14 (my luck is bound to run out soon) + 3 = 17[/sblock]

SyrinxNymph

First Post
OOC: [sblock] 1d20, right? [/sblock]

Karina is highly surprised at being attacked, initially reacting on gut instinct.

[sblock] 12+1 = 13 [/sblock]

As she recovers her senses, she attempts to shout, "Wait! I may be able to help you!"

Nightcloak

First Post
Varren takes a defensive possition. He grips the sword tightly and his knuckles turn white as he looks about wildly, his eyes attempting to run off into the darkness. If something else decides to charge out of the night, he is ready.

Thadeus' might overpowers the lithe woman and he pins her to the ground.

Thadeus:
[sblock]You could decide to do damage at this point, but I don't think you have that in mind. I'm hoping that SN won't pull out, but if she does, I have a favor to ask. Would you be terribly opposed to accidentally snapping her spine, say on an exposed root? It'd make for a good character building experience, and an easy way out for her.[/sblock]

Remove ads