Frozen Whispers (adventure)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
You drag the poor man’s limp body into the main room where you will have more space. There, Hardin calls forth healing magic and stabilizes the creature in his unconscious state. Slyfen removes the man’s gold ring and dagger, then binds his arms and legs with your silk rope. The dagger is of superior quality, but the gold ring looks only like a simple band.

OOC Notes:

Since two of you want to heal, and only one does not, I’m assuming that the party will heal Keller.

It takes 1 round to drag the body out, and Keller lost 1 hp during that time (10% chance to stabilize, die result 17%), so Hardin stabilizes him at
hp.

Brain

First Post
"Maybe we can take him to the Obad-hai worshippers and they will know what to do to help him? I think we've done our mission, if this is the correct ring. I am concerned about this bite though."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Belisha casts detect magic in hopes of gleaning more information about the ring. She is not surprised when she sees that there are indeed magical auras in the room, since the party carries several magic items. Indeed, she is not even surprised when her continued concentration yields up a relatively high number of magical auras. However, she is surprised when she sees that two of them seem to be located within the mantle of the fireplace.

She notes that the ring’s aura is associated with the school of abjuration, and that its aura (as well as the auras in the mantle) are relatively faint.

OOC Notes:

Spellcraft check to determine the school of magic involved in the ring’s aura
DC 17, die result 17 + 9 – 5 = 21

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Check the mantlepiece", Belisha says, notifying them to the aura of magic. "Well the ring is magical... though not extremely. I believe it is the protection ring Elwin told us about. How should we divide it? He said we could keep it. Let us return with Keller and see what the mage would want to do with the thief."

Galieo

First Post
Eolan will stand by and guard the door to the lodge, watching everyone's backs. He answers the suggestion, "I agree that those priest could return Keller her to normal."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Slyfen once again dons his goggles of minute seeing and carefully examines the fireplace. He notices a loose rock in the mantel, and finding no traps, carefully removes it.

Behind it, someone has carved a small hole into the stone. Inside are two small potion vials, and two small gems. Belisha recognizes one potion’s aura as reflecting a transmutation effect, but the other is beyond her ken.

Hardin’s interest is piqued by the gems, and he walks over to help identify them. One of the gems is a red garnet, and the other is a deep blue spinel; together, they look to be worth about 600 gold pieces.

OOC Notes:

Slyfen
Search with
goggles check result 17 + 15 = 32

Belisha
Spellcraft check results
Potion 1: 4 + 9 = 13
Potion 2: 15 + 9 = 24

Hardin
Got secret automatic Search check for the hiding space earlier, but the result was 13 so he didn’t notice it
Appraise check results kept secret for now

Remove ads