• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fruit on cereal

LeapingShark

First Post
I put slices of peaches or bananas in blazing hot oatmeal, it warms the fruit up and makes it easier to eat. I like the flavor of fruit when it's heated, maybe because almost like eating pie.

Xath

Moder-gator
Rel said:
I'm with Teflon Billy. This is a great idea. I'm going up right now to tell Samantha the Red about it and I'll bet that she thinks this is the best idea ever.

EDIT: Well I did pose the idea and she loved it. Unfortunately, guess who doesn't have any strawberries in the fridge right now...

Way to go, Xath! ;)

Wow...I said something Rel liked and it had nothing to do with "pumpkins" ;) I'm honored!!

The Shaman

First Post
LeapingShark said:
I put slices of peaches or bananas in blazing hot oatmeal, it warms the fruit up and makes it easier to eat. I like the flavor of fruit when it's heated, maybe because almost like eating pie.
YES! I love peaches in oatmeal, for EXACTLY that reason!

There's a place not far from where I live that serves oatmeal in a big bowl with a side of brown sugar - I order a side of peaches and a some warm maple syrup to mix in. Like buttah!

Zander

Explorer
Xath said:
I've never tried adding real chocolate, but I really don't like chocolaty cereals. It sounds like it would make a nice addition to a fancy cake though. :) What do you mean by "quality" chocolate? Will Hershey's do, or would I have to go out for the pricy stuff?
Hershey's will probably do though I would go with Lindt. YMMV. Enjoy!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Xath said:
Wow...I said something Rel liked and it had nothing to do with "pumpkins" ;) I'm honored!!

HEY! I'm not ALL about the pumpkin. I'm just MOSTLY about the pumpkin.

It's the avatar isn't it? I knew I shouldn't have put that damn thing up there!

Xath

Moder-gator
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
"Come here baby, let me put my pumpkin in your egg slicer... Hey, where are you going? What did I say?" :uhoh: ;)

I tried to think out the physics in this one, and ended up more confused than frightened. :confused:

I think the rind on the pumpkin is too thick to go through an egg slicer...unless you get one made of titanium....

*gasp* I need titanium kitchen implements!!!

Remove ads