• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FULL ** "Adventures of....." ** Renamed Brisco County Jr western thread

I, too, would be very interested in playing if the game was being run with the Sidewinder: Recoiled rules. While I have played Deadlands, and I own several of the classic Deadlands books, I do not own any of the Deadlands D20 books. The Sidewinder rules are excellent and should serve well for a game of this sort. I run my own Sidewinder game over on the Dog House Rules forums and would love a chance to actually play in a Sidewinder game.

Toric

LiquidAtom

First Post
Ok well it looks like it's gonna be sidewinder rules. I'll pick up the PDF from RPG Now this afternoon and give it a look see. Although I'd prefer DL since it has all the strangeness built in, I see no reason why this would not suffice.

Please remember that I have not ran a game in some years and it will most likely take me a while to get into a groove. Nonetheless I think this is gonna be a blast.

Vendetta

First Post
Actually, the nice thing about not using DL is that the strangeness is not built into this game... I would actually see it as an advantage using Sidewinder because then no one knows, really, what it is you are throwing at the players. In D&D, everyone knows Troll=fire and the players may be doing their best to role play their characters INTO finding out that fire damage is the only real effective way to defeat a troll and I've seen characters do some amazing things to try to demonstrate their RP but push that field to when their character can reasonably figure out that they need fire.

When you make up the strangeness yourself, none of the players will have a clue what you ultimately have and will actually have to approach it without player knowledge.

Brad Hindman

First Post
Bobitron said:
Howdy, pardner!

The rules I mentioned are Sidewinder: Recoiled, by Dog House Rules. It's an awesome ruleset based off of D20 Modern. I highly recommend it. RPG Now has the PDF on sale right now for 1/2 price, $8.25 (!!!) for what I consider the best D20 product I have purchased since the Eberron book. 300 pages of great googley moogley goodness!

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=2477&

And of course, if your looking for a dead tree copy, Green Ronin's print edition of Sidewinder: Recoiled is a great option.

taitzu52

First Post
LiquidAtom said:
Yep he's a bad@$$ actor. My fave. of all time.
And what a chin!!

Vendetta said:
When you make up the strangeness yourself, none of the players will have a clue what you ultimately have and will actually have to approach it without player knowledge.
Look 'Detta, why don't you just come out and say it....CTHULHU!! Just kidding. Or am I? :uhoh:

I agree with 'Detta wholeheartedly. At least the lack of pretense adds to the drama of encountering said baddies in a non-fantasy setting. So...what else do we have to cover? Is the RG up?

TZ

Vendetta

First Post
taitzu52 said:
Look 'Detta, why don't you just come out and say it....CTHULHU!! Just kidding. Or am I? :uhoh:
TZ
hahahah yeah... my first Cthulu game was by far the best... (Though, I've not played a whole lot of CoC games.

LiquidAtom

First Post
Yep the Rogues Gallery is up.

LiquidAtom's Adventures of.....Sidewinder Campaign

taitzu52 said:
And what a chin!!

Yeah I know! I just picked the book up the day before yesterday. Good read so far.

Vendetta said:
Actually, the nice thing about not using DL is that the strangeness is not built into this game... I would actually see it as an advantage using Sidewinder because then no one knows, really, what it is you are throwing at the players. In D&D, everyone knows Troll=fire and the players may be doing their best to role play their characters INTO finding out that fire damage is the only real effective way to defeat a troll and I've seen characters do some amazing things to try to demonstrate their RP but push that field to when their character can reasonably figure out that they need fire.

Very true. That And I really don't want Hucksters and Shamans as PCs. I'll save that for the bad guys. I think it would take away the uniqueness from the out of ordinary stuff if it was in your face all the time.

I think this is gonna be a pretty straight up western with a few quirks thrown in from time to time. Hopefully it will be as fun as I'm imagining.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads