D&D 5E [Full] Tall's PotA Campiagn

TallIan

Explorer
I've updated the RG, which didn't have the character creation rules because of the Great Purge, but here it is

Character Creation

Sources: An​y published WotC material is fine, No monstrous races.

27 Point buy.

Feats and Multiclassing are ok.

Starting with 6250XP (level 4). Max HP at level 1 then average or roll after that, players choice.

Standard starting equipment, but I'll consider some extra gear if you feel your character should have something and you can justify it.

I hope that covers everything.

It's an odd XP to start with, but I'm using a milestone XP system and tracking it in the IC thread for the group. So just keeping the new guy in line with everything else. Obviously you'll all be leveling up soon.

We'll also have to see where the PC's go next to allow for an introduction.

Azurewraith

Explorer
OK the basic gist of the back story is Gormok comes from a reclusive mountain tribe of humans that follow a old religion of venerating one's dead elders for strength and wisdom. Communing with the elders reveals they are uneasy at something altering the elemental harmony and Gormok sets out to fix it.

I'll polish it up and get mechanics down tonight.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Here would be the mechanical skeleton once approved ill polish up character bits and wack it in RG

Gormok
Barbarian-Ancesteral Guardian
Variant Human
Hermit
HP45
Ac15
Prof +2
Stats
Str17+3
Dex14+2
Con16+3
Wis12+1
Int8-1
Cha8-1

Saves
Str 5
Dex 2
Con 5
Wis 1
Int -1
Cha -1

Attack
Halberd +5 1d0+3/1d4

Skills
Str +3
Athletics

Dex+2
Acrobatics
Sleight of Hand
Stealth

Int-1
Arcana
History
Nature
Investigation
Nature
Relgion*

Wis+1
Animal handling
Insight
Medicine*
Perception*
Survival*

Cha-1
Deception
Intimidation
Performance
Persuasion
Tools and Prof
Herbalist kit
Light.medium armour
Shields
Simple,martial weapons

Languages
Common
Elven
Dwarven

Items
Halberd
Two hand axes
4 Javlin
Herblism kit
Scroll case stuffed with notes
Winter blanket
Common cloths
Backpack
Bedroll
Mess kit
Tinderbox
10 torches
10days rations
Waterskin
50ft hemp rope
5gp

Abilities
Rage

While raging, you gain the following benefits ifyou aren't wearing heavy armor: You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain leveis as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
Unarmoured Defence
While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. Vou can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Danger sense
You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, sue h as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Ancesteral Guardians
While you’re raging, the first creature you hit with an attack on your turn becomes the target of the warriors, which hinder its attacks. Until the start of your next turn, that target has disadvantage on any attack roll that isn’t against you, and when the target hits a creature other than you with an attack, that creature has resistance to the damage dealt by the attack. The effect on the target ends early ifyour rage ends
Feats
Pole arm Master

When you take the Attack action and attack with only a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack with the opposite end of the weapon. The weapon's damage die for this attack is a d4, and the attack deals bludgeoning damage. While you are wielding a glaive, halberd, pike, or quarterstaff, other creatures provoke an opportunity attack
from you when they enter your reach.
ASI
Str +1 Dex +1

TallIan

Explorer
Both your basic fluff and mechanics look good. There is a story arc in the game involving barbarian tribes, but I wasn't going to use it, especially after we decided not to chase the side quests so much.

OOC:
Looks like I'm outvoted, but that's fine; I only voted that way because I don't think this quest advances the main plot. Let's go rescue some villagers! Once we've healed and regrouped:-D

No you're mostly right. I was going to finish off this fight and move on. The fight did prove tougher than I planned it to be. On the other hand it offers a quick way to get Azurewraith back into the game - one of those prisoners may be tougher than you thought.

Depending on what Gormok's back story looks like.

Remove ads