• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fuzion] anyone play it?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I can't honestly say that I hate too many game systems. I hate Fuzion, which is ironic because I like all of the games that it was created from piecemeal. For me, it seemed like it took all the bad barts of those other systems, dropped the good parts, and tried to mold them into something playable. On top of that. . .

Support has always been spotty (at best) and I can't think of too many Fuzion products that can genuinely be considered popular, with the possible exception of Artesia (which is currently on hiatus insofar as support is concerned). Most planned Fuzion product lines died after the first book or two, so I don't think I'm alone here.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I can't honestly say that I hate too many game systems. I hate Fuzion, which is ironic because I like all of the games that it was created from piecemeal. For me, it seemed like it took all the bad barts of those other systems, dropped the good parts, and tried to mold them into something playable. On top of that. . .

Support has always been spotty (at best) and I can't think of too many Fuzion products that can genuinely be considered popular, with the possible exception of Artesia (which is currently on hiatus insofar as support is concerned). Most planned Fuzion product lines died after the first book or two, so I don't think I'm alone here.

[Edit: I like Instant Fuzion. Isn't that odd?]

Anime Kidd

Explorer
For a while before 3e came out I was into Fuzion. While I never got a chance to try it out I did like what I saw in the Bubblegum Crisis, Sengoku, and Usagi Yojimbo games. Instant Fuzion was also pretty slick too.

it kinda sucks, especially in it's handeling of DBZ. We had hundreds of house rules just to satisfy our need for the game to be exactly like the show. it seemed like the writers never even watched the shows there stuff was based on and just kind of threw stuff together.

Khairn

First Post
I'm learning Fuzion while reading the Artesia RPG which is a truly amazing book. I'm not certain how different Artesia is from standard Fuzion, but I like the flavor of the system and the crunchiness of the rules at the moment. Opposing attack and defense rolls, hit locations and called shots ... lots of goodies that I've seen so far, but I admit I haven't played it yet. Hoping to maybe run a PBP in the future.

Drowbane

First Post
TheLe said:
Anyone here play with FUZION? I rather liked the "Instant Fuzion" system from a few years ago.

`LE

the 4th edition Champions? Yes, sadly, I've played it.

Edit: 4.5 Champions. :p (4th edition was inferior to 3rd also, I forget all about it).

Last edited:

Remove ads