• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

G.I. JOE: Operation Pandora's Box

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Torpedo: Human/Male (Soldier/Stingray)

In a rather of fact manner devoid of any sense of humor Torpedo answers Falcon’s question, “Why do you plan on setting them off?”

OOC: Torpedo isn't trying to be funny he has no sense of humor nor is he trying to interrupt he's just stating that he doesn't see the need for Air Tight.

Last edited:

Ahzad

Explorer
Cross Hair looks over the photos keeping an eye out for locations with a good lines of sight, where he might be able to get set up and provide covering fire as the team moves into the complex. He looks up from the photos and hands the folder to Spirit with a bunch of questions running through his mind, but he'll wait until the question period before asking them.

Douane

First Post
Spirit takes the folder with a slight nod and concentrates his examination on the persons shown. He pays special attention to the supposed Cobras, checking whether any of them might be known to him or not. If not, Spirit commits their stances and general appearance to his memory.

After this, he hands the folder over to Rapid Fire, patiently waiting for the next part of the briefing.

GoldenEagle

First Post
Rapid fire quickly goes through the file, commiting builiding layout to memory. he looks for points of egress and ingress, choke points, etc. He then hands them to ambush...after taking a couple of second looks just to find the character. "Quit doing that to me" he says only half jokingly.

GE

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Secure Ready Room 25-3
USS Flagg
Mediterranean Sea
February 18, 1718 hours

General Hawk stepped forward to answer Falcon's concerns. "Same thing we thought Falcon. Cobra is bad news already, nobody wants to see them chetting into chemical warfare. Unfortunately, Air Tight is on a mission with Flint and a few others and isn't available to us. But as Torpedo pointed out, we don't need to set things off, just confirm their existance and Cobra's involvement. Anything else we can accomplish will be considered a bonus."

The photos appear to have been taken outside of the facility. The soldiers in blue do not look like any of the high profile Cobra personel you are constantly briefed on. The only one that stands out much at all is the one with the file who has a scar running down his face. The location of the facility is remote with a single road heading in. There are hills and dunes not far off that appeal to Crosshair. There is also a river that runs relatively closeby. The facility looks like a standard-type factory from the schematics, three stories high with a basement that seems to be mostly storage. Some areas of the schematics are more detailed than others.

General Saunier noticed how well the team examined the files. "One of those folders is for your team, the other I will have to take with me. The layout was updated from sketches a few of my boys made. Seems two of my operators were able to make entry and do a little sneak and peek late one night. They had to pull out before they could find anything conclusisve, but I am sure you will find their intel helpful."

GoldenEagle

First Post
Upon re-examination, does Captain London see any vehicles (armor or other)? Is there a heli-pad? What types of outside doors are used. Is there an entrance that is seldom used? Is there one area that is particularly well guarded? ARe there any lookouts known?

What are the mission parameters? Avoid contact? Kidnap Scarface? Does anyone have any camera equipment?

GE

Roy

First Post
"I hope word of mouth will be good enough but Rapid Fire is right how much physical evidence will be enough?"

Lets see who wears blue uniforms currently Cobra and Civil War reenactors. Small chances they are Civil War buffs.

OOC:
been sick but I still should able to make the posts.

Ahzad

Explorer
Cross Hair speaks up after the General gets finished, "Sir, I'd like to add to Cpt. London's questions with a few others. Did the team that you sent in get any estimates on numbers of troops on site? Are there any civilians that we should be concerned with getting in the way? What types of hardware were noticed being carried by the guards? Has the mission been cleared by the Egyptian officals are we going to be under the radar on this one? Did your team pull b/c they were noticed or did they pull out b/c of another reason we should be aware of?"

Taking a closer look at the photos provided I'm going to be looking for windows in the buildings looking for good points where a sniper might set up to guard the entrance into the facility. Are the windows clear or tinted? Also looking for catwalks the might span the facility, rooftop gun nests. Is the complex fenced?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ambush waited until Crosshair was finished, then added, "I wouldn't mind taking a look at the mission report from those two who were on the inside, either. I'd like ta talk ta them more, but I'm guessing that's not possible at this time."

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Torpedo: Human/Male (Soldier/Stingray)

Torpedo watches his brothers in arms waiting for them to finish their questions while he sneaks another look at the portfolio.

Remove ads