• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

G.I. JOE: Operation Pandora's Box

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Secure Ready Room 25-3
USS Flagg
Mediterranean Sea
February 18, 1719 hours

General Saunier laughed and looked over at Hawk. "No doubt about their enthusiasm, is there Tomahawk?"
The General loosened his tie and opened up his briefcase on the table. After pulling out a file he proceeded to open it and read for a few seconds. He continued to thumb through pages and peruse them as he spoke.
"The mission parameters we have discussed is that your team will be looking for evidence of Cobra involvement and chemical weapons being stored. That is the primary mission at this time. Secondary is any additional intelligence you can provide from the site. We are not asking you to do anything with any weapons and/or chemicals you could find. We want proof. We will send you with a digital camera and a field test kit. That is plenty."

General Saunier continued to answer questions, this time looking much less often at his files. "I had a unit running surveilence on this site for 11 weeks. Being high-speed operators they got a bit nosey and antsy and decided to see how close they could get. Two of them made it into the facility, they weren't expecting to. So they began a sweep of the facility trying to gather as much intel as they could. Radio signals were eratic inside and this made them slightly nervous. After a short while they decided to pull out and met back up with the rest of the unit. It was not a sanctioned operation, but damn if they didn't bring back some good info. Let's see what we can answer for you gentelmen."

General Hawk pointed out that there are a number of small notebooks and pens on a small table off to the side. General Saunier continued. "We are not sure how many staff memebers are on site at a time since their shifts seem to be erratic at best. Security appears to be around 25 armed troops with various sub-guns, assault rifles and pistols. There has been no armor or artillery spotted in the area, but there are a lot of areas that a chopped could set down at. There is only the one road leading into the gate, which really isn't much. Security has three jeeps available and there is a bus that seems to be used to transport staff. Otherwise there are several dozen civilian cars and trucks around."

"We do have the cooperation of the Egyptian government on this. They do not want an incident and seem to not have a whole lot of confidence in this factory. All the better for us though."

As the group looks back over the material they notice there are several entrances into the building. About half of them seem unused. There are hundreds of windows, but most of them are filthy and only seem handy for venting hot air. The inside of the building is filed with catwalks and Cross Hair began to study every one of them.

Looking at Ambush, only because he just spoke, the General explained that he has a copy of their debriefs with him, but he will have to take it with him. And any meeting with the soldiers who got the info will not be possible.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Torpedo: Human/Male (Soldier/Stingray)

Torpedo looks up briefly, “Sir, how are we going to be deployed? HALO Jump?”

OOC: High Altitude Low Opening

Last edited:

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Secure Ready Room 25-3
USS Flagg
Mediterranean Sea
February 18, 1719 hours

General Hawk replied to Torpedo's question. "The plan at this time is for your unit to chopper in and hike two miles to the facility. Of course it will be the team's decision, but there has been plenty of chopper activity in the general area, so it should not attract too much attention."

Hawk had been studying the group assembled in the room. They were all top-notch professionals, regardless of how they acted in their down time. He had no doubt they would perform this mission with the best results possible.

Roy

First Post
A digtal camera? Lt. Falcone was interested in sneaking and getting some pics of some bathing Egyptian women while on this mission.
"So when do we leave?"

GoldenEagle

First Post
Is there any equipment you girls need to requisition? I've got a couple of things I'd like to pick up and I'll be ready"

OOC: I'll update the RG. Just minor stuff, all within BP guidelines.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Ambush moved from his position to get close to the general. He spoke on the way to him so the general wouldn't lose sight of him and be startled when he spoke again.

"General, with your permission, I'd be interested in looking over those briefings before going to supply," Aaron said. He wanted to be certain that the team had all ofthe equipment necessary to enter the facility, and anything that the prior soldiers used should be in their debriefs.

Ahzad

Explorer
Cross Hair speaks up, "Ambush, after you are finished I'd like to look over that again. There may be some additional things I'd like to pick up from the armory before go time, and speaking of go time," he turns to face Hawk. "When is jump off Hawk?"

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
Secure Ready Room 25-3
USS Flagg
Mediterranean Sea
February 18, 1720 hours

Both Generals watched Ambush as he spoke and approached. General Saunier, still a little startled at the ease with which Ambush seemed to vanish randomly from view, handed him the file. "Uhm, yes. Of course. Here you go soldier."

General Hawk chuckled silently to himself. "Any gear your team needs can be requisitioned from supply. I believe Shpiwreck and Flash are assigned to supply today and Airborne and Snow Job are in the armory. Right now you are shceduled for lift-off at 0330. Your team leader can have that modified if need be. Any further questions before we go?"

Last edited:

Roy

First Post
"Shipwreck? In other words our supplies are going to be covered in bird droppings. "No questions here. How about the rest of you?" It was a good team. They can do all the work Vinney could just relax for the whole mission.

Remove ads