Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

The lift reached the level above without trouble, though it was surprising to find the upper level near completely empty except for a couple of droids scurrying about. A brisk and quick walk takes you to what looks to be the correct vent shaft. It is on the floor of a seperate maintinence access tube. Going upwards, there is a ladder that leads that direction, but the floor is covered with a grate and it looks like the ladder does not continue downwards.

yangnome

First Post
"Anyone care to explain to me why we didn't think to just flood the whole sector they are locked in? If it works for the sewers and corridors, it shoudl work here too. Oh well, I guess its too late for that.

DralonXitz

First Post
As the group gets to the Ventilation Shaft, Dralon looks up the access shaft and thinks a few thoughts in his head as he hear's Devlin's remark. He sighs and replies to him, still looking up, "Because Devlin, you have an idiotic Compnor excuse of an Imperial for a Commander, and an even more idiotic Grand General commanding his lapdog, Rannick. Between the two of them, they couldn't produce a successful raid on an Ewok Tree Village."

Dralon then kneels down and grips the grate, and with an exertion of force attempts to pull it off.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Archimedes, loosens his vibroblade and then, very carefully peers down the shaft, sighting down his rifle.

Whispering: "Might I suggest that you all keep it down... thier sentries are sure to be listening."

OOC: A-M G, are there any hand-holds? Will climbing be easy? Is there any rope + grapnels around? Are there any computers around that can link to the evironmental systems? What does the bottom/entry to the level below look like.

The grate came off easily when Dralon pulled on it, and the extent of the problems to using the ventilation shaft were immediately apparent. First was that the ladder did not go down. In fact, there looked to be no way at all to hold. Of course, it was also a very tight space, and looking down the fifty or so meters showed only the grey floor below.

((OOC: As for things in the immediate area. There's an empty weapon rack, an empty armor stand, two consoles, and a few doors that likely open to individual quarters.))

Veritas

First Post
Keeping his voice down, he ignores Xitz and replies to Devlin...
"No corridors have been flooded, Devlin, only the sewers. Flooding those floors would cause massive damage to the building's electronics and security systems, not to mention the Command Center... and we were ordered to take them out *without* destroying the building."

He looks down the shaft and says "Archimedes, we're going to need the grappling hook and line from your utility belt. We're going to rappel down one at a time. Xitz, you're first. Let's go. We've wasted enough time as it is."

Last edited:

DralonXitz

First Post
((OOC: Ill post this assuming Daxxon gives the grappling hook.))

As he is handed the grappling hook and line, Dralon secures it to a nearby floor panel, making sure it is firmly in place. After tugging it for a moment, he grips the rope and looks up at Rannick, laughing as he says, "Good luck Ranny, you'll need it.". With one last check, Dralon hops in and begins to slowly rappell down the long metal chute.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"I'll go next for fire support... unless you have any objections sir? Or perhaps the less armored among us should go first... with my armor, my decent will be anything but quiet."

"Maybe I should have tossed a couple grenades down before Cadet Dralon began his decent..."

Last edited:

Remove ads