• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Galactic Empire: Serving the New Order

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

Rannick was quiet for a moment, letting the two troopers talk amongst themselves as he negotiated the terrain and contemplated things. "I don't think we have much choice given the terrain, but I share your reservations, Archimedes. Man the sensors and see if you can pick up anything, though." he ordered as he continued on.

The speeder continues slowly through the path that weaves through the narrow and uneven canyon floor. The sensors still show no sign of anything near, but its hard to tell how reliable they are because of the height of the rock walls and their structure. However, nothing comes into sight or attacks you for a long five minutes of travel.

After that, though, you come to a literal fork in the road. In front of you, the small canyon path splits off as the Jundland Wastes around you become tighter and more trecherous. Instead of simply one direction, there are now...three. Or at least, three that the speeder can manage. There are at least five or so others that could be climed and travelled by foot.

The three large paths all look fairly similar, though. Just one going left, one right, and another simply the continuation of the one you are on. None of them look to be carved out by any tools, and its very likely the speeder wouldn't have room to travel farther down any of them.

On the sensors, though, there is something. It is large, and due north of you, which is somewhere between the center path and the left one. If its one large object, or many smaller ones together, however, you cannot tell at this point.

doghead

thotd
Devlin, Imperial 'soldier'

Devlin remains in his seat as the others discuss the options. He gets that distinct 'something bad is going to happen feeling' creeping up the back of his neck.

He jumps to his feet and takes a rifle from the rack* and goes through the readiness check that Archimedies showed him. Satisfied that the rifle is indeed ready, he props it between his knees and waits.

ooc: assuming that there is a spare one in the rack. Hey AMG, is the speeder open topped like a multi passenger version of Luke Skywalker's, or enclosed like a Bradley APC? Is there a turret? With a b i g gun? Did we get a protocol droid or something that speaks Sand People?

((The speeder has no external weapons and isn't exactly very spacious, either. No protocol droid for speaking with Sand People as their language makes no sense and they never stop to talk anyway. There isn't actually a weapons rack in the speeder, but there's at least a few spare weapons from the supplies you were given. Here's an image of the speeder.))

Attachments

• sorosuub_v-35_landspeeder.jpg
    sorosuub_v-35_landspeeder.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 60

dead_radish

Explorer
*Sri nods approvingly at Devlin, and does like wise, checking all his assorted weaponry.* "This seems like my kind of situation, sir. If you want, I can break off from the group a bit before we encounter that object, and provide some long-range sniper support."

Veritas

First Post
Mjr Rannick, CompForce

"Well, by the looks of it, we may not be able to travel much farther down these paths with the speeder anyways, and I'd rather not completely box us in." He pulls the speeder around and parks it near the canyon wall, pointing it back towards the way they came. He then shuts down the engine.

"Sri, find some high ground and act as sniper cover as we proceed. Devlin... go with him. Stay in contact with us, and stay out of sight. Bruck... Archimedes, you're with me. Let's head out and find out what's to the north of us."

He grabs his rifle, making sure that he cleared out the jam from the fight, and then pops the door open and climbs out.

doghead

thotd
Devlin, Imperial 'soldier'

Devlin snaps a salute, and with a nod to Sri, heads for the door. At the door he waits for Sri to join him.

"We should take find high ground between the central and left canyon. That will allow us to cover whichever is needed.

"Mjr. Are you planning to take the center canyon, or the left one?"

Once the various routes have been agreed on, he heads out, rifle up and eyes and ears open. If the Troopers wish to exit first, Devlin steps aside and lets them.

"The first thing we need is a way up and out of here," he says to Sri, scanning the walls of the canyon as they speak.

ooc: possibly useful crunchy bits.
* Knowlege (tactics) +6 * Rifle -4 (3d8, 30m) * Pistol +0 (3d6, 10m).

dead_radish

Explorer
"Shouldn't be too bad - there's got to be some paths up the cliff. Hopefully we won't find one that's in use...." *Sri heads up with Devlin, looking for good spots to use for cover and hiding - preferably ones that are fairly secure on their own, as well.*

OOC Crunch: Hide +8, Spot +4, Rifle +6, 74m range increments. He'll take up to 2 increments if he has to, but would prefer to be w/i 74m at all times.

Veritas

First Post
ooc: Not that it might matter in this kind of terrain, but does Rannick see a path that goes more or less straight to the north?

((OOC: I haven't dropped off the face of the earth entirely, just most of the way. I posted a full explanation for my absence on the OOC thread. Figured that's were it belongs. I would like to resume playing Bruck. But I understand if it's too little too late.))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads