Galatea, Goddess of Water

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
I certainly don´t recall any of them that allows a 1st (or any level) level human breathe water and a swim speed, or even close. That´s over the top. The ones I remember require expending resources; wild shape used, or the like.

That´s the idea.
There's some that let you fly, actually.

Frankly, there are LA +0 races that can breathe underwater, and this really doesn't seem like much more than a flavour power for which to spend a feat. Few and far between will be the times that the player is even able to use this, in my opinion. Besides, in addition to being immune to about twenty other things, Warforged from Eberron don't need to breathe underwater either.

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
There's some that let you fly, actually.

Really? It must be in some sort of obscure suplement. The closest one I´ve found, in complete adventurer, gives you a climb speed, for limited time, spending one wild shape use. Also in complete adventurer there´s a feat that allows you to swim at half your land speed, requires 6 ranks in swimming, and doesn´t acually give you a swim speed.

Frankly, there are LA +0 races that can breathe underwater,

So? we´re apeaking of feats, not racial abilities, whch are in itself balanced with the things they don´t get. Orcs get +4 Str as a racial benefit, I don´t think a feat giving you +4 Str, or permanent Darkvision, would be a good one.

and this really doesn't seem like much more than a flavour power for which to spend a feat. Few and far between will be the times that the player is even able to use this, in my opinion

Breathing underwater is a highly situational benefit: when it´s good, it´s really jolly good. It´s better to avoid such extremes.

Bront

The man with the probe
Actualy, I believe there is a race in Stormwrack that is basicly humans with waterbreathing and swim instead of a bonus feat, and LA +0

How about it allows them to breath water for a limited time, like 1 hour per con bonus per day? Or maybe hold their breath for 1 hour per con bonus, so they have to surface like mammles?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Actualy, I believe there is a race in Stormwrack that is basicly humans with waterbreathing and swim instead of a bonus feat, and LA +0

How about it allows them to breath water for a limited time, like 1 hour per con bonus per day? Or maybe hold their breath for 1 hour per con bonus, so they have to surface like mammles?
There is such a race in Stormwrack--that is what makes the comparison interesting (compared to the Orc analogy which is flawed): This allows exactly such a trade for the cost of two feats instead of one. It would be kind of silly if it was limited to a certain number of hours--for a practical challenge purpose in a dungeon, there would be no difference, since hours is surely long enough, so it would only disallow the flavour of undersea explorers who choose to spend whole days underwater.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm waiting on a favored weapon before I vote yes on the deity. Waiting for a bit more debate on the feats.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Pick the Harpoon of Proteus if you're concerned about looking weird when you cast SW :p
And who isn't these days?

I approve of the deity! YES for her.

Still want more feedback on the feats.

Erekose13

Explorer
yeah I can vote yes on the deity as well.

For the feats, how many deities get to kiss their followers lol (Ahrianna has a feat like that :)) I'd like to see more stringent reqs for the feats. I don't think they should be taken at first and I don't think that RP restrictions should force that. Hey these feats would allow you to play a merperson on land now, interesting.

Remove ads