• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Game Closed] Dead of Winter: DnD3e-CoC Game in the Forgotten Realms (IC Forum)

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
Sure. It will be a Play by Post game located in the In Character (IC) Forum of these boards. Once we're good to go, I'll set up a thread over there for the game and post the first move. I'm aiming for about 3 moves a week — that is, I'll post, everyone will respond, and then I'll post the results and the next move. As far as when the moves will be, I think I'll be aiming for something like having my posts fall on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday each week (although it could just as easily be Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday — either way, Friday will never be a posting day). In the event that people can/want to post more, we can probably go up to four turns a week (MWThSa or SuTuThSa — once again, no Fridays), but that's not my initial intention and could be rather hard to do. It's not going to be the quickest game, in the sense that combat will take some time to resolve, and the game won't be able to be hack'n'slash. This is part of the reason I'm doing a DnD-Cthulhu hybrid — I'm not looking for epic, large scale combats, because they just won't work that well.

Hope this gives you an idea of what we're looking at here :) and, naturally, I'm open for feedback.

Best,
tKL

drs

First Post
Sounds perfect, I'm on the boards most days anyway.

Edit: Don't worry I think I'll just leave my stuff as it is.

Last edited:

novyet

First Post
Ezra Geonora
Male Human Monk 2
Weight: 139 Lbs
Height: 5' 9"
Alignment: Lawful Good
Home Region: Impilitur
Monastic Order: Order of the Yellow Rose
Patron Deity: Ilmater
Sanity: 75
Current XP: 1000
XP for Next Level: 3000

Attributes
Str 13 (+1)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 15 (+2)
Cha 8 (-1)

Combat Info
HD 2d8+2, HP 18
AC: 14 (+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom)
Flat Footed AC: 12 (+2 Wisdom)
Touch AC: 14 (+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom)
BAB: +1
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +5
Initiative: +6 (+2 Dexterity, +4 Improved Initiative)
Attacks: Masterwork Bastard Sword (Humility), +3 melee, 1d10+1, 19-20 x2, Size M, Type S
Masterwork Nunchaku, +3 melee, 1d6+1, 20 x2, Size S, Type B
Unarmed, +2 melee, 1d6+1, 20 x2, Size T, Type B
Dagger, +2 melee or +3 ranged, 1d4+1, 19-20 x2, 10', Size T, Type P
Light Crossbow, +4 ranged, 1d8, 19-20 x2, 80', Size M, Type P

Skills
Balance 9 (5 Ranks, +2 Dexterity, +2 Synergy)
Hide 7 (5 Ranks, +2 Dexterity)
Jump 8 (5 Ranks, +1 Strength, +2 Synergy)
Move Silently 7 (5 Ranks, +2 Dexterity)
Tumble 9 (5 Ranks, +2 Dexterity, +2 Synergy)
Cthulu Mythos 0 (0 Ranks)

Languages
Damaran, Common

Feats
Bonus Feat: Improved Initiative
1st Level: Martial Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword)

Abilities
Improved Unarmed Strike
Stunning Attack 2/day (Fortitude Save DC: 13)
Evasion
Deflect Arrows

Equipment Carried
Masterwork Bastard Sword (Humility)
Masterwork Nunchaku
Silver Dagger
Dagger
Light Crossbow
2 Cases (20) of Crossbow Bolts
Hooded Lantern
8 Vials of Alchemist's Fire in Bandoleer
1 Pint of Oil
Wooden Holy Symbol of Ilmater
Monk's Outfit
2 flasks (Water)
Backpack
Belt Pouch
Masterwork Bandoleer

Animals and Gear
Light Horse (Charity)
Riding Saddle
Saddlebags

Equipment in Saddlebags
50' of Rope
Flint and Steel
1 Vial of Acid
2 Vials of Alchemist's Fire
4 Vials of Holy Water
9 Pints of Oil
Bedroll
Torch
1 Case (10) of Masterwork Crossbow Bolts
1 Case (10) of Silver Crossbow Bolts

Money in Belt Pouch
1 Platinum Piece
34 Gold Pieces
18 Silver Pieces
3 Copper Pieces

Ezra's Total Weight: 30 Lbs
Load: Light
Charity's Total Weight: 27 Lbs
Load: Light

Description
Ezra has no memory of his parents, in fact he has no real memory of anything before life at the monastery. His mentor Father Ilith said that Ezra was found in the woods near the monastery, near the bodies of his parents. Ilith explained that it looked like they were killed by goblins, and that it was only by Ilmater's will that Ezra was not killed as well. That was 14 years ago. Now Ezra is a promising young student of the Order, and is now determined to go out into the world and experience life outside the monastery for the first time. On the day of his decision to depart, Father Ilith stopped Ezra and gave him a memento of his father that was found near his body, a very well crafted Bastard Sword with the symbol of Ilmater engraved in the blade. Taking this as a sign of Ilmater's will, Ezra named the sword Humility, and began to train himself with the his father's sword. On his 20th birthday, a year to the day he made his decision, Ezra left the monastery to find his destiny.

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

drs said:
Ok, I was thinking about swapping my dex (10) and int (8), I'd love the extra skill points and since you said combat will be light... Though I think I will be the main fighter type in the group and skills don't really 'make' the character...

Ah, tell me what you think.

It's your call. That said, there certainly will be combat, and there will be dungeoneering and all that good stuff, so you might want to hold onto the character as is. Naturally, if that's where you want to go, that's where you want to go and I've no problem with that. Of course, that would give the party something close to it's maximum lummox capacity in your paladin and Rorschach's dwarf. :)

novyet — the character looks good. I'll get you some information tonight about the organization of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose (how many monks, exports, imports, size of library, etc. — all that good stuff). I'll either post it here, or I'll send it over e-mail (were you the one who e-mailed me about the regional information yesterday?), either way, let me know...

So, here's the make-up of the party thus far:
* Sir Zichard Danilk, Human Pal2 of Torm
* Fezzin Verghenheim, Dwarf Ftr1/Clr1 of Clangeddin Silverbeard
* Ezra Geonora, Human Mnk2 of Ilmater (Yellow Rose)

(In case you wonder why I keep on doing this, it's so the make up of the party gets locked into my memory and also so I spell the character's names correctly once we start play. :))

As soon as Spoof, perivas, and bluegreenone post their PCs, we'll do a little fine tuning, and then we'll be off....

Best,
tKL

Last edited:

Old Fezziwig

Monastery of the Yellow Rose information will go out tonight (hopefully). Couldn't get the time to hop on-line and take care of it last night. Sorry about that.

Best,
tKL

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads