• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game shops in Long Island

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Okay, I'm sorry, but you just hit the big red Pet Peeve Button. What I say next is kind of a reflex - I have to say it, but you can ignore it...

The only people who live in Long Island are the Mole Men. Long Island is an island. It isn't a political entitiy. You can live in a city, state, or county, but you live on an island.

Unfortunately, while I grew up on LI, it has been long enough since I lived there that I don't know where the good stores are any more :(

BluWolf

Explorer
Point humorously taken.

Of course, maybe I WAS looking for a game store IN Long Island.

I am a 7th level Cleric Earth Genasai after all.

devilish

Explorer
There used to be a place called Waterloo in Mineola that was the *best* gaming
store (because it was 4 blocks from my high school!) but that was
a long time ago.

Best bet might be to try the dreaded malls -- an ultra-quick Google search
came up with nothing.

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
You'll be pretty close to Fourth World Comics, in Smithtown. Like the name suggests, it's primarily a comic shop, but last time I was there they had a pretty decent gaming section. (Of course, the last time I was there was sometime around 1996, so things may have changed slightly. :))

It's maybe 4-5 miles from the CA building, and not hard to get to. I'd give you specific directions, but all my landmarks would be out of date, so you'll want to Google the store and call them for directions.

Last edited:

BluWolf

Explorer
AuraSeer said:
You'll be pretty close to Fourth World Comics, in Smithtown. Like the name suggests, it's primarily a comic shop, but last time I was there they had a pretty decent gaming section. (Of course, the last time I was there was sometime around 1996, so things may have changed slightly. :))

It's maybe 4-5 miles from the CA building, and not hard to get to. I'd give you specific directions, but all my landmarks would be out of date, so you'll want to Google the store and call them for directions.

You wouldn't happen to work at CA or did work at CA?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
BluWolf said:
You wouldn't happen to work at CA or did work at CA?
Nope, sorry. I moved off Long Island right after I graduated college, so all my "real" jobs have been here in St. Louis.

wsclark

Explorer
devilish said:
There used to be a place called Waterloo in Mineola that was the *best* gaming
store (because it was 4 blocks from my high school!) but that was
a long time ago.

Best bet might be to try the dreaded malls -- an ultra-quick Google search
came up with nothing.

Waterloo is long gone from there. The store closed about 10 years ago and it's stock was bought by The Gamer's Realm in Cranbury, NJ.

Waterloo was a great store. I grew up three blocks from the store and it was on the way home from grammar school as well. I spent many a Thursday night there, gaming and playtesting games with Scott Bizer (sp?) because the owners were involved with Fantasy Games Unlimited. I remember playtesting Space Opera way back when.

They use to have a second store out by Stony Brook. I think it might still be there but under different management. I really haven't kept up with the game store scene on Long Island since I moved to NJ 15 years ago.

Remove ads