• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game Stores in Chicago?

Grabuto138

First Post
I am working in downtown Chicago for the next year or so and I would like to find a game store to visit. Are there any good game stores in the downtown/loop area?

This may a bit late but a new store just opened. I noticed it walking from the train and saw your thread while searching for its name. (It is a couple blocks from my house so I am excited.) It looks like they are stilling building their inventory. I just stepped in for a minute so I can't speak to the game nights and what not.

It is Chicagoland Games at 1207 W. Bryn Marw. From downtown you would get on the Red Line train going north and get off at Bryn Mawr. It is a block west of the station on the other side of Broadway.

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
This may a bit late but a new store just opened. I noticed it walking from the train and saw your thread while searching for its name. (It is a couple blocks from my house so I am excited.) It looks like they are stilling building their inventory. I just stepped in for a minute so I can't speak to the game nights and what not.

It is Chicagoland Games at 1207 W. Bryn Marw. From downtown you would get on the Red Line train going north and get off at Bryn Mawr. It is a block west of the station on the other side of Broadway.

Cool. I will try to check it out.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I'll back up the idea that Games Plus is extremely easy to reach from downtown (though the train ride will be 35-40 minutes, I'm guessing).

Borders at the corner of State and Randolph has some gaming stuff as well.

bielmic

Explorer
i also recommend games plus. i lived in old town and still commuted weekly to the store for game nights. it's definitely worth it. the 800 mile commute i have now makes me think i need to find a new FLGS, though... :(

also, one of the owners, Kurt (aka Thalmin here on enworld), is a regular poster; alot of the spoilers on upcoming products are posted by him.

Last edited:

apoptosis

First Post

Is it near the occult book store and what used to be B&G video?

Grabuto138

First Post
Is it near the occult book store and what used to be B&G video?

It is the same physical building as the occult book store but has its own door and space on the western part of the building, just off the SW corner of Broadway and Bryn Mawr. There isn't a sign yet. I read on their website they are still dealing with permits for the sign. (No one told them in Chicago you ask for forgiveness instead of permission or you never get anything done.)

Like I said, I don't know them but they seem nice and it would be cool for a gamestore in the neighborhood to succeed. Chicagoland Games:Dice Dojo

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads