• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Game Stores in NYC

leeann_the_lame

First Post
Actually, it's not the scenery. Most of New Jersey is beautiful and the ugly parts lead to NYC, so I don't mind them.

It's actually the people. I've never met a group of people so willing to go out of their way to be mean. And it's not NYC (people there seem to act like people in big cities everywhere), just the suburbs of NYC that lie in Jersey. It's even gotten better since I moved west 10 mi.

Anyway, I'll be hitting those game stores in NYC sometime soon. Thanks for the pointers.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
leeann_the_lame said:
Hi All -

I was wondering if anyone could point me to gaming stores in NYC? I'm looking for two things:

(1) Someplace to get my video gaming fix. I'm looking for a store that offers more than first-person shooter games (something like Warcraft is good, but RPG offerings are better).

(2) Someplace to buy D&D stuff and potentially play a one shot game (I'm only here for another 5 weeks).

Thanks...

Leann, there'a a Wizards of the Coast store in Woodbridge, NJ that should fill all of your needs nicely. It might be closer to you than Manhattan, and probably a lot cheaper to get to.

leeann_the_lame

First Post
VorpalBunny said:
Leann, there'a a Wizards of the Coast store in Woodbridge, NJ that should fill all of your needs nicely. It might be closer to you than Manhattan, and probably a lot cheaper to get to.

Ack! I just called them and they said they're closing. Today!

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to hit NY.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
leeann_the_lame said:

WHAT?!! THEY'RE CLOSING?! <sigh> I really liked those guys. :rolleyes:

Sorry 'bout that. I'll keep my eyes open for a store for ya.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
leeann_the_lame said:

Leaaane do you have a car? or you taking the Path?

If you wanna go around Noon i'd be happy to meet up with you and show you were things are. but this has to be before monday. I start college on tuesday, and monday plan to work overtime (for extra holiday pay).

PA

First Post
ArthurQ said:
There is also, Forbidden Planet which is 1 block from Union Square (behind the movie theater) and some place called Kings Games in brooklyn.

Last time I went, they were selling out the very few RPG products they had left. With the space thus saved, they could add one more row of tables for CCG players.

Last edited:

leeann_the_lame

First Post
ArthurQ said:
Leaaane do you have a car? or you taking the Path?

If you wanna go around Noon i'd be happy to meet up with you and show you were things are. but this has to be before monday. I start college on tuesday, and monday plan to work overtime (for extra holiday pay).

Thanks for the offer, but it's looking more and more like I'll need to come in to work this weekend. :(

BrooklynKnight

First Post
leeann_the_lame said:
Thanks for the offer, but it's looking more and more like I'll need to come in to work this weekend. :(

Ok hun. Sunday and Monday i have to be at work by 4pm. (woo holiday overtime = mucho mula!)

Saturday is 6pm. Friday is err, today... lol.

Email me VongKiller18@aol.com if you wanna go tomorw or sunday and i'll reply with my cell phone # so we can make some sorta plans. ;-D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads