"Gameday needs GMs badly" :) Volunteer Now! - Antioch, IL - April 26th, 2008

Ninjacat

First Post
Hmmmmm, according to MapQuest (yes, I'm a crazy person,) I wouldn't actually have to get up any earlier for an Antioch GameDay than I would a Mt. Prospect one...

(I'll have to drive 50 miles on Rte. 59, which is TERRIFYING, but...stupid evil highway)

What the Hell, count me in!

I dunno what I'll be running yet, but you can probably just go ahead and put me down as a morning slot, doesn't make a difference to me...it'll be a Unisystem game, but I've no idea which one. It won't be Part 3 of my SPN, since that has returning players in Mt. Prospect, but Vyv, if you and Laurie butter me up enough, I just might be convinced to write something else in the same "setting"... ;)

Or I can always run my Buffy the Vampire Slayer event "Escape Initiative", that's ready to go, or another Buffy event I recently found the notes for, OR, I've been wanting to try out my Mutant X conversion, too. Are there cheesy "superhero" television fan gamers in the Antioch area? :cool:

These are all Unisystem events, but I'm totally open to input on which one to actually run. Otherwise, I'll probably end up rolling dice to decide which one to do, or I'll run out of time and run "Escape Initiative" because it's already written, heh.

And I'm afraid I have no vote nor preference on the date; I just need to know which one it is a few weeks ahead of time so I can get the day off from work. If the vote is ending a month before the earlier date, that'll be no problem for me.

Last edited:

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Hmmmmm, according to MapQuest (yes, I'm a crazy person,) I wouldn't actually have to get up any earlier for an Antioch GameDay than I would a Mt. Prospect one...

(I'll have to drive 50 miles on Rte. 59, which is TERRIFYING, but...stupid evil highway)

What the Hell, count me in!

YAY!!!!

Ninjacat said:
I dunno what I'll be running yet, but you can probably just go ahead and put me down as a morning slot, doesn't make a difference to me...it'll be a Unisystem game, but I've no idea which one. It won't be Part 3 of my SPN, since that has returning players in Mt. Prospect, but Vyv, if you and Laurie butter me up enough, I just might be convinced to write something else in the same "setting"... ;)

Or I can always run my Buffy the Vampire Slayer event "Escape Initiative", that's ready to go, or another Buffy event I recently found the notes for, OR, I've been wanting to try out my Mutant X conversion, too. Are there cheesy "superhero" television fan gamers in the Antioch area? :cool:

These are all Unisystem events, but I'm totally open to input on which one to actually run. Otherwise, I'll probably end up rolling dice to decide which one to do, or I'll run out of time and run "Escape Initiative" because it's already written, heh.

And I'm afraid I have no vote nor preference on the date; I just need to know which one it is a few weeks ahead of time so I can get the day off from work. If the vote is ending a month before the earlier date, that'll be no problem for me.

Added!

Do you watch Reaper? :]

Edit: But we both also love Buffy.

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
YAY!!!!

Added!

Do you watch Reaper? :]

Edit: But we both also love Buffy.

Actually, Supernatural is the only TV show I watch...I'm sorta irritated with the CW's decision to rerun Reaper instead of SPN during the WGA strike lag, but I guess it's actually a statement of their confidence in SPN, even if it's a backhanded compliment. Meh.

But Buffy...hmmmm, yeah, I'm having thoughts. I might run the old event I found, or I might write something new, but I think I'm having interesting character creation ideas...

Go ahead and put me down as running a Buffy the Vampire Slayer event; I'll get back to you with title & blurb, etc. I really need to finish this month's writing commitment so I can move on to more gaming shenanigans, heh...

Ninjacat

First Post
Okay, I'm a terrible person and moved on to the gaming shenanigans WITHOUT finishing this month's writing, oops. *g*

BuffyRPG.bmp

Dark Rooms
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cinematic Unisystem

The gang's all here. . .the Scooby Gang, that is, or at least your local branch of it. You've been on the trail of a local group of vampires who somehow managed to get their hands on a mystical thingamabobber of some sort... Turns out that the artifact is Haruk's Medallion, an amulet that gives vampires and other nasties the illusion of a soul- -which means any vamp with it doesn't have to be invited to enter someone's home! So you're all chasing down the vamps, who flee into a creepy abandoned house, of course. You've no choice but to follow them inside. . .

"Dark Rooms" is a BtVS event for up to six players. The Buffy RPG runs on the Cinematic Unisystem, which is very easy to learn and uses only 1d10 for all rolls (no prior experience necessary.) Familiarity with the Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel television shows will help players get into the spirit of the game but is not required to play. Partially-created characters will be completed at the table before the game begins. The character "type" bases will be: Clown, Delinquent Joyrider, Geek, Goth, Jock/Cheerleader, Medic, Musician, the Popular One, Tough Guy/Gal, and Watcher. The potential "templates" added to them will be: Demon Hunter, Former Initiative Commando, Magician, Martial Artist, Occult Investigator, Psychic, Robot, Slayer, Superscientist, Totem Warrior, Vampire?, and Werewolf.

Last edited:

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Hm. Another game day, huh?

That Buffy game sounds intriguing... I haven't tried Unisystem yet, but the idea of mix and match archetype templates is something I've thought about doing myself. Maybe it's worth seeing how it's been handled elsewhere.

While kicking vampire ass, of course.

N.

Ninjacat

First Post
Nev the Deranged said:
That Buffy game sounds intriguing... I haven't tried Unisystem yet, but the idea of mix and match archetype templates is something I've thought about doing myself. Maybe it's worth seeing how it's been handled elsewhere.

While kicking vampire ass, of course.

N.

Well, I'm making up the mix & match part, but between the four books (five, counting Angel) there's quite a few archetypes, most of them handled quite well. Unisystem uses a Qualities & Drawbacks system, so basically I'm creating "normal" characters as the "types", leaving some of their Quality points unspent and creating "templates" using the more special Qualities to be added to the bases. The idea I'm trying for is to let people create the character they want but limit the process so I don't end up with half a dozen only-vaguely-different Slayers and Vampires, y'know?

Vyvyan Basterd said:
Laurie enjoyed the game so much, she has volunteered to run Hero's Banner in the afternoon slot.

AWESOME!

I really wanted to try that, so another opportunity is greatly welcomed!!

Remove ads