• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Gameday needs GMs badly" :) Volunteer Now! - Antioch, IL - April 26th, 2008

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
April 26th it is!

Awww...I was thinking of playing a Kip Winger Robot. :D

I have no idea what you're talking about... :uhoh:

I am putting together a 3D D&D 3.5 adventure.

Dice for it! ROLL FOR YOUR WINGER MECHA-MINION!!

*ahem*

Actually, I'm all about the story, so if you can talk me into believing your backstory for your Robot explains why he can play cheezemetal, go for it! (I mean, Warren built his 'bots to be girlfriends, for pity's sake. . .of course, they were lousy at it, but...)

And OooOOooo, 3D. . .will that require funky polarized glasses? :cool:

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Actually, I'm all about the story, so if you can talk me into believing your backstory for your Robot explains why he can play cheezemetal, go for it! (I mean, Warren built his 'bots to be girlfriends, for pity's sake. . .of course, they were lousy at it, but...)

I was just trying to point out that Kip Winger didn't let his Talentless Drawback stop him. I don't actually think I'd want play a character that lame. :p

I rolled Watcher Werewolf. Young watcher, overly sure of himself, gets his Slayer killed and himself bitten by a werewolf. Now he hides his secret from the council, knowing they would strip him of his post if they didn't outright destroy him. Luckily he was demoted and readily forgotten, with a new slayer that the council deems to have very little potential.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Hey, wait, are we rolling for templates already? Or are you guys just dicking around?

Is this event still happening, with so few games on the skjl? I'm down for coming out even if it's just a couple, as long as I for sure get to play in them, heh.

bigznak

First Post
well of the games posted so far, I would like to play in the 3d D&D adventure. I am checking out if I can get off work that day. I don't think it should be much of a problem. I will check the thread to see how things turn out.

TracerBullet42

First Post
I'm still toying with the idea of making it to this event...

Things have just been super-busy as of late and I'm not sure if I'm up to it. How soon do you need a commitment from people?

If I come I'd be able to run something (Probably not Ghostbusters, since Nev helped break me last time.)

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread still. I should be able to figure out in a week or so if I'm able to come.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
Things have just been super-busy as of late and I'm not sure if I'm up to it. How soon do you need a commitment from people?

If I come I'd be able to run something (Probably not Ghostbusters, since Nev helped break me last time.)

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread still. I should be able to figure out in a week or so if I'm able to come.

Great! Hope you can make it. I plan to get the sign up thread up on April 12th, so everyone still has time to decide and hopefully volunteer. The schedule's a little light right now. :heh:

Ninjacat

First Post
Nev the Deranged said:
Hey, wait, are we rolling for templates already? Or are you guys just dicking around?

Is this event still happening, with so few games on the skjl? I'm down for coming out even if it's just a couple, as long as I for sure get to play in them, heh.

Mr. Basterd was just rolling for templates to amuse himself; such an action is in no way necessary before the event. But if you wanna, have at it!

And as far as GameDay itself goes, I *totally* plan on showing up, even if mine is the only event that goes off! Heck, you, VB & Laurie make three players, so that's enough right there; I'm all for it. And Laurie wants to run Hero's Banner in the pm slot, and you and I want to play in that... I see no bad here. Heck, less other games is less background noise, right? Heh.

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
I rolled Watcher Werewolf. Young watcher, overly sure of himself, gets his Slayer killed and himself bitten by a werewolf. Now he hides his secret from the council, knowing they would strip him of his post if they didn't outright destroy him. Luckily he was demoted and readily forgotten, with a new slayer that the council deems to have very little potential.

Wait, so. . .he got his Slayer killed straight out of the gate, and they still assigned her replacement to him? Or maybe he made it sound like she nobly sacrificed herself to stop the werewolf, so if he inspired her so greatly, he should get the next one- -she seems lousy, maybe he can get her up to speed...

Hee. I like it. It's up to you if you want the rest of the party to know you're a Werewolf (or Robot, Psychic, all the "weird" templates...) or I may have people choose their base and submit their template requests on index cards or something, but we'll see. It'll be fun, regardless. *g*

Remove ads