• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Gameday needs GMs badly" :) Volunteer Now! - Antioch, IL - April 26th, 2008

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Wait, so. . .he got his Slayer killed straight out of the gate, and they still assigned her replacement to him?

I was always confused. The movie said there was only one at a time. The beginning of the series said the same. Then I swear others showed up. And not just Faith. :confused:

And after a little research I see Buffy's death activated Kendra, her death activated Faith. Took me this long to get that. :\

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
I was always confused. The movie said there was only one at a time. The beginning of the series said the same. Then I swear others showed up. And not just Faith. :confused:

And after a little research I see Buffy's death activated Kendra, her death activated Faith. Took me this long to get that. :\

*snicker*

Well, at the end of the series, Willow pulled some MAJOR Mojo to activate ALL potential Slayers, so now there's dozens. . .but the Watcher's Council was killed off at the start of the last season, so the "new" council is, like, Giles, Xander, and Andrew, or something. So I don't think they'd be quite so much of the "skin the werewolf first and ask questions later" mindset. Then again, I'm not fond of the series' end, so this is probably before that. Faith just had an "accident" of some sort in prison that activated the next Slayer. Faith got better; she's pretty tough, heh.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Did anybody ever stop to question the wisdom of suddenly giving hundreds of girls the world over super strength without providing them any guidance whatsoever?

How many of those potential slayers do you think ended up accidentally killing someone? How many might not have been accidental? How much slayer-on-slayer combat do you think might happen?

mmm... slayer on slayer action... *vbeg*

Ninjacat

First Post
Nev the Deranged said:
Did anybody ever stop to question the wisdom of suddenly giving hundreds of girls the world over super strength without providing them any guidance whatsoever?

How many of those potential slayers do you think ended up accidentally killing someone? How many might not have been accidental? How much slayer-on-slayer combat do you think might

Yeah, like I said, not-so-thrilled with the series finale. Or the seventh season in general, really. I mean, there weren't HUNDREDS of girls, probably only a few dozen, and most of them had been either killed off early in the season or collected to Sunnydale for said guidance by the end of it, but still... Then again, there was also the shot of a Little Leaguer obviously about to belt one literally out of the park, since the activation spell went off while she was at bat. . .implying puberty wasn't a requirement, which brings on a whole slew of other issues...

Yeah. My events are going to be pre Season 7, unless some other brilliant idea involving multiple-Slayers occurs to me. And don't even get me started on the Season 8 comic book, oi.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Yeah. My events are going to be pre Season 7, unless some other brilliant idea involving multiple-Slayers occurs to me. And don't even get me started on the Season 8 comic book, oi.

You could always use Robot Chicken's version of Buffy: Season 8

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
You could always use Robot Chicken's version of Buffy: Season 8

Oh dear god.

Do I even *WANT* to know??

Please tell me Seth Green made Oz a leading character in his version, heeheehee...

Last edited:

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Oh dear god.

Do I even *WANT* to know??

Please tell me Seth Green mad Oz a leading character in his version, heeheehee...

It starts with Chucky taking on the "Lettuce Head Kids" (insidiously cute, evil versions of Cabbage Patch dolls) and then we fade to Sarah Michelle Gellar having lunch with a friend, "...and that's how Season 8 would've started!" :D

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Well, there's always the far-future events of Fray, when everyone's so used to mutants and aliens that nobody notices the vampires and monsters anymore.

Oh, right, and the Watcher is a demon, after the remaining human Watchers self-immolate in a fit of despair.

Fun stuff!

Ninjacat

First Post
Nev the Deranged said:
Well, there's always the far-future events of Fray, when everyone's so used to mutants and aliens that nobody notices the vampires and monsters anymore.

Oh, right, and the Watcher is a demon, after the remaining human Watchers self-immolate in a fit of despair.

Fun stuff!

Heh, I've always wondered about that one. . .Fray is canon, so how does Joss justify the "From now on, every girl who could be a Slayer, WILL be a Slayer" of Season 7 with Fray being yet again 'the Chosen One'. Innnnteresting.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I have sent a couple of emails to Fenril Knight to confirm his carpooling offer now that the date is set but have yet to hear back from him.

Remove ads