• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Gameday needs GMs badly" :) Volunteer Now! - Antioch, IL - April 26th, 2008

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Ninjacat said:
Heh, I've always wondered about that one. . .Fray is canon, so how does Joss justify the "From now on, every girl who could be a Slayer, WILL be a Slayer" of Season 7 with Fray being yet again 'the Chosen One'. Innnnteresting.

Presumably because Buffy's crew, or the next one perhaps, banished all magic from the world for a long time. By the time it was restored (that has yet to be explained), either the Slayer curse was reset, or maybe she was the only Potential alive at the time... it's a rough world she lives in.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ninjacat said:
Yeah, like I said, not-so-thrilled with the series finale. Or the seventh season in general, really. I mean, there weren't HUNDREDS of girls, probably only a few dozen, and most of them had been either killed off early in the season or collected to Sunnydale for said guidance by the end of it, but still... Then again, there was also the shot of a Little Leaguer obviously about to belt one literally out of the park, since the activation spell went off while she was at bat. . .implying puberty wasn't a requirement, which brings on a whole slew of other issues...

Yeah. My events are going to be pre Season 7, unless some other brilliant idea involving multiple-Slayers occurs to me. And don't even get me started on the Season 8 comic book, oi.

I think Season 7's activation of all Slayers was either a nod towards the roleplaying game (now you didn't have to justify playing THE slayer) and/or the series they were developing, "Slayer School."

Ninjacat

First Post
Vyvyan Basterd said:
I think Season 7's activation of all Slayers was either a nod towards the roleplaying game (now you didn't have to justify playing THE slayer) and/or the series they were developing, "Slayer School."

Well, given how far in advance Joss actually knew his major plot points ("Be home before dawn (Dawn)," end of Sn3!), I'm guessing the mass activation was developed before the "Slayer School" concept, the new series being another spin-off, but who knows.

I still prefer to think Faith just got shivved in prison because she ticked too many people off and managed to recover once they got her heart re-started. *g*

Fenril Knight

First Post
Mark said:
I have sent a couple of emails to Fenril Knight to confirm his carpooling offer now that the date is set but have yet to hear back from him.

Sorry for taking so long, buddy. It's been a rough weekend x_X;; In any case, as the date is the 26th, I WILL be able to carpool with you, barring some sort of unfortunate accident to myself or my dear Trombe (I named my car >.> I'm such a SRW fanboy). Sounds like this is going to be fun!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Fenril Knight said:
Sorry for taking so long, buddy. It's been a rough weekend x_X;; In any case, as the date is the 26th, I WILL be able to carpool with you, barring some sort of unfortunate accident to myself or my dear Trombe (I named my car >.> I'm such a SRW fanboy). Sounds like this is going to be fun!

Cool. Thanks. Let me wrap my head around this for a few days and post a couple of game ideas at the end of the weekend.

Dfranco83

First Post
D20 Modern: GRINDHOUSE!

Here is my little blurb on My D20 Modern Game

D20 Modern Presents:

GRINDHOUSE

Black Rock Terror!

A Town gripped in FEAR! Demons SCOURGING the streets! The Undead STALKING the night! Only Six Unstoppable Heros can stop the madness from SPREADING!

Bastard - Warforged Thrasher 'No Arigato for this Psycho Roboto!'

Kaiser - Shifter Shadow Slayer 'He's aching to make heads roll!'

Sunshine - Aasimar Acolyte 'This Lucious Priestess isn't backing down!'

Sin - Tiefling Occultist 'This Vixen can make your dreams and nightmares come true...'

Captain - Human Mage 'He wants you to drop down and kiss your ass goodbye!'

Scarface - Elven Speed Demon 'This scarred beauty is Deathproof...'

Last edited:

bigznak

First Post
Dfranco83 said:
Here is my little blurb on My D20 Modern Game

D20 Modern Presents:

GRINDHOUSE

Black Rock Terror!

A Town gripped in FEAR! Demons SCOURGING the streets! The Undead STALKING the night! Only Six Unstoppable Heros can stop the madness from SPREADING!

Bastard - Warforged Thrasher 'No Arigato for this Psycho Roboto!'

Kaiser - Shifter Shadow Slayer 'He's aching to make heads roll!'

Sunshine - Aasimar Acolyte 'This Lucious Priestess isn't backing down!'

Sin - Tiefling Occultist 'This Vixen can make your dreams and nightmares come true...'

Captain - Human Mage 'He wants you to drop down and kiss your ass goodbye!'

Scarface - Elven Speed Demon 'This scarred beauty is Deathproof...'
Killing Undead Grindhouse style sounds so awesome!!! and it has some of my favorite races from Eberron in it too. I got to make this Gamesday!!!

TracerBullet42

First Post
I'm in!

Hooray, I can make it! You can put me down for running something in the afternoon. I'm thinking it'll be a Iron Kingdoms/D&D/D20 type of event.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads