• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers 2nd Edition

So I looked around for a thread on this already, and I didn't see one, so here goes. For those of you who haven't seen The Gamers yet, you're about to have some catching up to do, because they're working on a sequel!

The Gamers was an great low budget film poking fun at all of the little quirks of RPGs. Somehow the low budget, bad acting, and the fact that it was all so true, made the film one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Especially the part where the pansy elf archer makes his "lift gate" check after the fighter fails miserably. :D

Go check out http://www.the-gamers.com and watch the teaser. If this clip is any indication, the second movie will be just as hilarious as the first!

NCSUCodeMonkey

Welverin

First Post
The first time I watch it was sitting there thinking god this is cheesy (in a bad way) and then all of a sudden it got funny.

Henry said:
I loved the "Mountain Doom" advertisement. :D

Henry. I'm shocked! Shouldn't you have moved this?

LordVyreth

First Post
I picked up a copy at Gen Con, and immediately converted my entire gaming group to it. I'm genuinely curious about how much money this thing made so far; a $500 buck investment and some advertising, and it seems like every gamer has seen or heard of it.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Welverin said:
The first time I watch it was sitting there thinking god this is cheesy (in a bad way) and then all of a sudden it got funny.

Henry. I'm shocked! Shouldn't you have moved this?

Nah, I felt like leaving it here. :) That, and the fact that in the Gamers advertisement on their site, Dead Gentlemen mentioned coming up with a d20 module that will be compatible with the move's plot, so it is still sorta talking about games.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
"AND MY BITING SOCIAL COMMENTERY!"

"what?"

"I can undermind our opponents abilities and give slight competence bonuses to the group!"

"I can change reactions form hostile to mearly indiffrent........"

"I"M A BARD!"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!.........Arrow Fodder!"

BWahahahahaah!

Gamers, one of the BEST movies ever made. I've had the trailer for the second one on my laptop since Gencon-SoCal.

Remove ads