• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamers who want to date gamers

Romus

First Post
I'm thinking the perfect girl for me is one who likes what I like -- gaming, fantasy, comics, movies and the rest! Does anyone know of a place online for gamers who want to hook up with other gamers?? IF not, someone needs to start a dating service :)

hellbender

First Post
Don't get offended, but I thinking that someone seeking anyone out as a potential mate with gaming as a requirement (or even an interest, really) needs help. Go out in the real world and live a little. Don't look for a significant other based on their hobbies. Variety, and learning new things, is the spice of life. I have a beautiful girlfriend of several years who shares basically no hobbies, and not really any musical interest, and we get along great and compliment each other. You should never put requirements or conditions on affairs of the heart.

hellbender

[edited:spelling]

Last edited:

Darrin Drader

Explorer
I got completely lucky. I met my wife at a college party and it just happened that she liked gaming as well as scifi movies and TV. It gives us something to do sometimes, but I wouldn't say its the most important element of our relationship. I think your best bet is to not look for someone who games, but rather just look for someone, and then later see if they're open to gaming.

John Crichton

First Post
hellbender said:
Don't get offended, but I thinking that seeking anyone out as a potential mate with gaming as a requirement (or even an interest, really) needs help. Go out in the real world and live a little. Don't look for a significant other base on their hobbies. Variety, and learning new things, is the spice of life. I have a beautiful girlfriend of several years who shares basically no hobbies, and not really any musical interest, and we get along great and compliment each other. You should never put requirements or conditions on affairs of the heart.
There's nothing wrong with looking for common interests. I don't think anyone is putting a hobby over interests of the heart here. Maybe the original poster is just looking for something that he hasn't seen or experienced at all yet.

And speaking of interests I feel a thread close/move coming on... ;)

hellbender

First Post
Sorry, I meant specifically gaming as an interest, not as in general interests, the lack of clarification was my fault there.

h

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
It seems a lot of gamers would like to find a romantic interest with a fellow gamer. I know that's what I would like. I talk a fairly large offense to a comment that says I shouldn't look for someone who shares my interests. I'm a very avid gamer. I sometimes play games once or twice a week. I think that I would need a gamer to understand the obsession of gaming and the time dedication of it. Plus, I like to discuss what my character did last week. At any one time you can find me discussing the merits of one spell over another or one game system over another with my friends. We discuss the absurdity of one of our DMs house rules, and how to deal with a problem player in my game.

So, I want to have a girlfriend who can fit into the conversations and be one of my friends instead of having to put on a false face in front of her, or change the way I behave when she is around. I think the point of a good relationship is that you can just be yourself. Gamers have a culture that's difficult to understand unless you are one.

Painfully

First Post
I think you need to get out more if you don't have hobbies other than gaming.

If a backpacker wants to find a backpacker girlfriend, they should go and hang out where ever backpackers gather. If a jogger wants to meet a jogger girlfriend, they should hang out where joggers go to do jogger things, whether shopping, eating, jogging, and so on.

So, where do you go to hang out with gamers? If EN World is any example, I think your odds are slim. But, it beats being a lonely chess player.

Your odds would be much better if you took up a "girl's" hobby (ie., a female dominated leisure activity)

Remove ads