• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming Paper: Terrain Prints?

DogBackward

First Post
Hey, just wondering who'd be interested in buying terrain prints for Gaming Paper. I'm thinking things like pre-drawn generic terrain, such as a forest with a clearing or two, lightly forested river, generic city street, that sort of thing. It'd be a 20x20 square repeated print on a full roll of normal gaming paper stock, used for those times when you don't have the time or energy to draw out a detailed map, but want to have something that looks good for your players. As opposed to my usual method when DM'ing an unexpected fight in a forest, which involves rolling all my dice on the battlemat and leaving them there: "Those're trees. Roll initiative."

Also, if anybody has any ideas for other sorts of terrain to use, I'd love to hear 'em. The main limitation is that it'd have to fit on about a 20" by 20" repeated print. Preferably something dense enough that it'd be a pain to draw by hand.

I'll be showing this to my boss, who's the guy that actually makes Gaming Paper, so your input does matter.

darjr

I crit!
Nice idea.

How about another idea, stencils. I'd love some good ones for gaming. Or stamps? Or even paint sponges.... hmmm...

DogBackward

First Post
I don't know about stencils, though I can ask. For now, though, can we keep it to just the terrain prints bit? I just don't want my boss to have to sift through too many off-topic posts to find out what people think of the actual idea itself.

Thanks.

darjr

I crit!
Sorry about the thread cap.

I think it's a nice idea. I do think there are plenty of other products out there that solve it.

The thing that might move me to buy would be the nature of gaming paper being in a long roll. If the drawn terrain wasn't repetitive on a single role of paper that would be very cool.

DogBackward

First Post
I was thinking more the types of terrain that're a pain to draw already. Rocky desert and snowy terrain are pretty easy; just a few squiggles on blank paper, really. Things like dense forest or a city street, however, can take hours to draw out right.

I'd like some more input on this, if I can get it. Anybody else have any opinions? I know there're more than four people on ENWorld...

darjr

I crit!
A long city block along the ocean side including docks and piers and a beach.

A hallway section of a space station with side rooms for engineering, quarters, and cell blocks. Include an area that can only be crossed by swinging on a rope and grapnel.

I'd love to be able to do long running battles and chase scenes by easily 'scrolling' the gaming paper along.

A roll of 'stuff' meant to be cut out and used on other maps. Trees, furniture, rocks, fallen heroes, and treasure. A roll of buildings and large terrain features would also be cool. Long sections of different road types, or bridges, or floating 'islands' comes to mind. I'd either just place these on other maps as needed or, more likely, paste/tape them in place, permanent like.

Rolls with traveller ship plans on them would be way freaking nice.

Remove ads