Gaming W/Jemal : Here's The Deal.. (M&M 3e Recruiting)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I'm still barely even begun on a concept. Sad to say. Aside from 'nerdy kid wants to become his d&d character. Which I guess in my case should be my old go-to. Bob the Brawny, badarse barbarian.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Unfortunately I cannot seem to get very enthusiastic about any character concept. I'll think about it for a few more days, but I may end up dropping out.

Good point. Of course, he'd want to start at "first level". The best characters start at first level and work their way up.
M&M doesn't work like that. You don't usually gain much power over time unless the campaign is specifically designed to have that kind of feel. How often does Spiderman gain new powers?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I don't fully remember how it works, but I believe you can upgrade powers and learn new ones as you go? Basically what I was going for.

I played it once, a long time ago for only a few sessions. I had a Gestalt character that was all about light and darkness. Mainly, I remember that they rather sucked separately and the combined form was much more powerful. Just a lot to keep track of overall.

I don't fully remember how it works, but I believe you can upgrade powers and learn new ones as you go? Basically what I was going for.

I played it once, a long time ago for only a few sessions. I had a Gestalt character that was all about light and darkness. Mainly, I remember that they rather sucked separately and the combined form was much more powerful. Just a lot to keep track of overall.
Yes, but you start with 100+ points and get 1 pt per adventure (maybe 2 pts). Radical leaps in power, as seen in D&D, won't happen.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Because I'm going to be away for holiday for two weeks, I'm going to bow out for now. Perhaps I'll check back in when I get back.

Remove ads