Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

Rathan

First Post
Arineil carefully picks up Sabastian up and slowly carries him into the old mans cabin and lays him respectfully on the table before the man.... She listens to the man with a sunken heart and shakes his head at the thought of leaving him behind.... he had saved her life on so many occasions.... how could she have let him fall into such peril.... she just stood there over Sabastians body in awe fr a good few minutes as people spoke around her.... her eyes fixed on the lifeless body of her companion.....

When finally able to coherently react again Arineil withdrew some chalk from her pack moved in close to Sabastian and drew a small lightning bolt on the back of each of his hand and one on his forehead as well..... slowly she moved to unsheathe his weapon and placed it in one of his hands and placed hand and weapon over his chest and rested it peacefully there....

Arineil closed her eyes.... she was no priest.... but tonight she gave her first prayer to someone else rather than her own need for salvation..... This man has been good to me Heironeous.... you have given me a higher destiny and this man has helped me stay on task and remain alive to do so.... watch him for me for I must rid the evil that has cursed him... I cannot stay here... my mission is now two fold... and I will not fail... so watch over him so I may gaze upon my friends open eyes once more.. the warrior said softly in prayer before checking her gear on her body and storms out of the cabin headed for the woods.... alone if she has to.....

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Adamas had remained silent and still since the end of combat, his hands clasped tightly behind the small of his back, he stood. His face remained impassive, save for the slight furrow of the brow at some of the odd occurrences: the silver-tongued merchant, plying himself; his fellow bear-choked man, now cursed; the undeniably evil armor and its inevitable fate.

He had proven himself a liability in the encounter, one that filled the proud elf with shame. He hadn't trained all these years to look the fool, yet that is exactly what happened. And as formidable as his new allies were in a fight, he wasn't sure how traveling with them would turn out. Never the socialite and ever the recluse, just the mere invitation to dinner unnerved him, throw in the casual talk about the difficulties of finding decent men, well, Adamas figured he might stay the night in his tower despite the offering. He'd give them a fair shot before coming to judgments. He owed it to Sigil at the least.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Chevik is quick to stand an accompany Arineil and Sabastian into the cabin, both out of concern for his friends safety and the innate curiousity that drives Chevik.

"Elder, is there any aid I can provide you in helping Sabastian fight off this evil taint?" Chevik can be heard to say while moving inside.

Damian dusts him self off and thankfully accepts Silivrenniel's hand, letting the contact linger slightly. "Gratitude to you M'Lady." Damian lets out a long sigh. "And that is why the old man warns me against gambling. I took the Seer to be more passive and assumed his wards where as well. If my previous actions caused confusions I offer my apologies. With the Seer living by himself out here I assumed that he had some sort of defenses. I saw three possible out comes of my actions: the first that I would easily work my way through the wall and find the inside of the cabin abandoned. The Second is that no matter what I tried I would not so much as scratch it. The third, the one I belived the least likely but too my embarrassment proved true, that attacking the walls would prove harmful." Damian takes his had out of Silivrenniel's and gives her a smile before twisting his entire being sharply. This resulted is a series of loud cracks and pops as he reajusted his spine. "Any outcome would have proven that the seer was in no harm. I had thought that he had given us the information he had to give and was done with us for now." He calls out to Arineil, "I really sugest that we wait till morning or atleast untill after we accept the dinner invitation!"

Shayuri

First Post
"It's a little astonishing, given all the time you've obviously spent thinking about it," Sigil says to Damian dryly, "that you never seemed to ask yourself why you were attempting to destroy possessions and property of a man who's aid you were hoping to enlist. Or did you just not care?"

"Either way, I will have to insist that you treat my house with more respect, or I will not be nearly as forgiving as this Elder has been. Now excuse me."

She vanishes in a brief sparkle of light, appearing outside in front of Arineil.

"Setting off alone, with no idea of what you can or should do, won't help your friend," Sigil advises gently. "Stay with us tonight. We'll talk about it. Perhaps vanquishing the Warlord will be the very thing you need to do, and our quests will turn out to be the same after all. If nothing else, Silivrenniel is an old elf and very knowledgeable. I'm sure she'll be able to think of something."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Then what do you counsel?" she asks the Elder. "Should we stay here in hopes more will come and join us? Or shall we depart, and seek more aid along the way? How much time do you forsee us having?"
"I can only tell you what I know, you are the legends, you are the heroes... whatever decisions you make must be your own, in the end. My visions tell me what is likely to happen before the next moon. You have, at most, a month to stop the warlord. If you choose to go ahead, I can send whoever I am able to find after you."
She vanishes in a brief sparkle of light, appearing outside in front of Arineil.

"Setting off alone, with no idea of what you can or should do, won't help your friend," Sigil advises gently. "Stay with us tonight. We'll talk about it. Perhaps vanquishing the Warlord will be the very thing you need to do, and our quests will turn out to be the same after all. If nothing else, Silivrenniel is an old elf and very knowledgeable. I'm sure she'll be able to think of something."
"The fey queen is right, Arineil. Please return, at the least until we can discover what evil has done this to him and how to stop it - As Sigil has said, setting out alone without a plan will not aid your friend."

The old man looks at Damian, apparently glad that the young merchant was unharmed "My cabin was a gift from the gods and greater powers, much like my visions. Their thanks for dedicating my life to the bloodlines. we are quite safe within these walls. It is only when I am outside that I have any fear of intruders."

"Elder, is there any aid I can provide you in helping Sabastian fight off this evil taint?" Chevik can be heard to say while moving inside.
When she heard that Arineil's comrade had been cursed she frowned and moved closed to the table to inspect the body. "Beyond mortal magics you say? Would it be that even a Wish or Miracle would not work?"
The Elder shakes his head "I do not believe so.. If I knew what had done this, perhaps we could tell more. I had not thought Rho capable of such powerful evil magics, and he is the most powerful of his group.. I don't suppose you saw any vampires, did you?" He looks at the others obviously confused gazes before explaining "From what I can tell so far, this is a blood curse - It would either have required some outside force getting into his blood, or his blood mingling with a powerful evil outside his body, drawing it back to him."

[sblock=ooc] The cabin doesn't exude any auras, it is protected by divine power - not divine magic, but pure deific power.
As far as the Curse - Anybody with good knowledges would know that Blood curses are rare, usually involving vampires, powerful blood mages, rituals, or evil artifacts. The cure is dependant upon the cause. Blood curses are known to be magic resistant, and in some cases cause wild surges. Most churches and scholars suggest destroying the source rather than risking a direct approach.[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel raised her head from the table where the man lay, a smooth face revealing no emotion. Inside, she was quite inspired - she had not had this much excitement for a good long while. The Elder's cabin was protected via powers that far exceeded mortal boundries, which gave new credit to his words in the Elf's eyes.

The blood curse was dangerous business, but it brought new mystery to their situation. Silivrenniel strained her memory for any solutions, but could not retreive any information already not made apparent by the Prophet.

At Sigil's words the Elven Archmage grinned, the Ioun stones flying around her head slightly speeding up: "I do believe no one will be bringing any more houses down tonight lady Sigil. And I much prefer "mature" rahter than old." Silivrenniel laughed, her voice resembling silver bells.

The Elf then turned towards Arineil and waved her finger: "You should know better than to charge alone at an unknown enemy! Fury in battle should stay in battle, think soberly and you will see the merit in Sigil's words. Also, - Sila smiled and put her hands on her hips. - This whole situation has intrigued me and I give you my word that i will assist you and your comrades. Now please, stay with us."

She then walked around the table and gently ran a finger trough Sabastian's forhead. His skin was cold and clammy - even if she were not a healer, the Archmage's face turned sour. "However, I am sorry to say that upon closer inspection this indeed seems like a blood curse. Removing the source is by far the best remedy, as tampering with it in it's current state is quite risky. These cannot be analyzed from the outside-in, at least without months of careful prodding and experimentation. And i do beleive we do not have such time."

She then turned towards the elder and replied: "Would you know of any others that were in the immediate vicinity? I do beleive that Rho was quite preoccupied at the time to have had the chance of preparing and executing such an elaborate curse. You should ask dear Arineil here - the Elf pointed towards the hot blooded Barbarian. - she had her eyes set upon him for most of the battle. I at least, did not sense any Vampires or Shadow Dragons or any other such creatures that were capable of doing this." Silivrenniels face was now smooth and emotionless - she did not like not knowing things, and now she stared at the table where Sabastian lied and delved into thought, trying to solve the puzzle.

[sblock] Knowledge: Religion 11+37=48, Knowledge: Arcana 6+37=43 Religion rolled for the house and it's divine origin, Arcana for the blood curse.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz gives Silivrenniel a vacant stare.

"Is that all we are to you? A mystery to be solved? Why is it I get this feeling that you could stand by and watch us all end up like that and all you would do is stand back and say to yourself 'Intriguing'? This whole defeating the evil one and fixing the universe, I can see that as an adventure. It can be seen as heroic. And for ones such as yourself that crave the unknown, it can even be a mystery to be solved. But this... this is a mans life. And he deserves more respect than that."

He gives everyone in the room a quick look, then starts to head outside.

"I need some air."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel was snapped out of her thoughts by Oroz's reaction - the mortal races were so prone to violent outbursts it sometimes still managed to surprise her... She raised her eyes and followed him out, wandering weather she was indeed as cold hearted as he had said.

"Life itself is a grand puzzle, everything around us has a cause and an effect, everything can be explained, traced and analyzed. I only put my intellect towards things i care about - so in short yes, i do care about the young man's life, and will do what is in my power to help. I do beleive he needs rational thinking more than respect at the moment. And definitely he needs it more than outbursts of rage"
The Elven Mage eyed Oroz's back and Arineil's face one after the other.

Silivrenniel's face remained still, as she wandered weather her long time spent in seclusion had separated her from more earthly emotions.

Shayuri

First Post
"The armor," Sigil said as she came back to the house, keeping an eye on Arineil to see if she still wanted to leave.

"The choker wearing it was squeezing the life out of him when he fell. He seemed fine until then. The armor is powerful enough, and evil enough, that it could be some form of artifact...the creation of a god or demon. If that was the case, I could see it being the source of such a curse."

She shrugs. "Aside from that, I've no idea."

When Oroz brushed past she stepped lightly out of the way to let him by.

"Keeping this group together may be more challenging than fighting Rho and his toadies," Sigil remarks dryly.

Remove ads