Gaming W/Jemal: Legends Chapter 1

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel nodded with agreement - she liked the fey Queen of Summer more and more. "Your voice has the reason of the ages behind it lady Sigil. We should look more in to this artifact, perhaps you - she turned to the Elder. - would be able to discern it's origins?"

The slender Sun Elf then turned towards her other allies. "If memory serves that monk fellow dropped a sword when he first attacked Sigil. The weapon should still be lying in the grass near the fire pit outside."

ethandrew

First Post
Watching from outside the house, Adamas smiles politely at Oroz as he exits the building, "Is it that bad in there?" The tone was one of apathy, merely the elf trying to be polite given the circumstances.

Rathan

First Post
Arineil sighed softly as Sigil appeared in front of her...... she knew the fey was right but still that didn't stop the fact that she in turn was just as responcealble for what happened to him as he himself or anyone else here was.... she blindness to those around her in the battle with Rho was clearly evident and she nodded softly as her cooler energies prevailed.....

... fine ... one night then we go find this quest we have been given and in turn what curse has been placed on my friend.... ONE night....." Arineil proclaimed once more making it fully well known by first light she would be ready to move on.... regardless of everyone elses plans...

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Chevik continues to putter about Sabastians body while hammering away questions at the Elder, "So you say you get visions of this warlord rising again? Are you the only one who would have received this vision? Will there be others flocking to try and stop the Warlord, or perhaps other groups as well? Would this item of power that is trying to release the warlord also be drawing evil creatures to help it in its task?"

Chevik seems to be simply asking anything that comes to his mind while also being distracted with healing what wounds Sabastian has and generally tending to him as well as he can given the blood curse that has fallen on his friend. "I've only heard of these blood curses in a few cases, and never thought to have one visited upon one of my friends. I wonder if the armor being in contact with him when he was knocked unconscious has anything to do with it." Turning to the Elder he says quickly, "Elder, do you know if Rho travels with anyone other than those with him earlier? The Dragon, the feral looking monk, and the choker creature we managed to fell? Would Rho use resources to raise a "companion" of his such as this Choker?"

Jemal

Adventurer
Chevik continues to putter about Sabastians body while hammering away questions at the Elder, "So you say you get visions of this warlord rising again? Are you the only one who would have received this vision? Will there be others flocking to try and stop the Warlord, or perhaps other groups as well? Would this item of power that is trying to release the warlord also be drawing evil creatures to help it in its task?"

"I doubt there are many who would even remember his existance. My visions are unique, fueled by both the gods and your own bloodlines. Though I suppose it is possible that others have seen as I have.. unlikely, but possible." The Elder thinks for a moment "The southern lands have been.. degenerating.. for some time now. Where once there was a fertile and wholesome forest, now they are a fetid swamp, as though something is infecting them - I would posit that this artifact has been drawing aid to itself for some time now. Be wary of any you meet, they may be on the same side as you, or they may be attempting to stop you."

"I've only heard of these blood curses in a few cases, and never thought to have one visited upon one of my friends. I wonder if the armor being in contact with him when he was knocked unconscious has anything to do with it." Turning to the Elder he says quickly, "Elder, do you know if Rho travels with anyone other than those with him earlier? The Dragon, the feral looking monk, and the choker creature we managed to fell? Would Rho use resources to raise a "companion" of his such as this Choker?"

"I do not believe we have to worry about his companions returning to life. I know of few Archdruids capable of restoring life, and I doubt any of them would work with him - though we should hide the body for a week, just in case. I know Rho used to travel with two others, a priest and a wizard, but they are supposedly dead. That choker is new to me, I've not encountered it before, nor the dragon... though the monk - Aust - has been travelling with Rho for a long time. They love playing on others perceptions, it was likely their idea to have the choker disguised as a dark elf."

The Elder takes the blood-spattered breastplate, laying it on the table near Sabastian. As he does so, the young man groans in pain and Chevik and Sila both see something intangible being drawn from him towards the armour, through their magical sight. Quickly, the old man moves the evil armour away, setting it on another table. "Well.. that wasn't exactly the method I had hoped for, but the answer seems to speak for itself, the armour is definitely connected in some way. Did you see its reaction? It was as though it was trying to drain his soul from his body... I'll spend the night studying it - And it would be best if someone brought in that Choker and the sword, so we can investigate them as well. Any who can aid me are welcome, the rest of you can sleep here, or if Sigil does not mind, in her home so that our actions here do not disturb your sleep."

The old man looks to the gathered companions and shakes his head "I understand you all feel the need to do something, but unless you are well versed in lore or magic I doubt there is much you can do here to help. You all have a difficult journey ahead, perhaps more so now than I had originally thought. Please take the opportunity to rest while you can."
[sblock=ooc]
The Elder will be working all night. If anybody wishes to help him, say so and post a knowledge check (one per character, different knowledges will garner different extra info in the morning). Those who do will only get an hour or two of rest though, so keep that in mind as I believe the party plans on heading out at first light. [/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
Silivrenniel made a sour expression when she saw the armour from up close and the way it reacted with the unconscious human's body. "I can certainly help as i am exempt from the need of sleep and rest. I do still require several hours of meditation to recover and rearrange spells however, so if the others do not object, we will leave a few hours after dawn."

Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
"Sila was it? I believe that most of the others are fairly insistant that we leave as close to first light as possible. Please help us, but take your rest as well. I need not rest to prepare the blessings of my god and thus I will do all that I can this night to help the Elder. You should get your needed rest however."

Chevik then turns and begins to help the elder in any task he might set Chevik throughout the long night.

[sblock=Knowledge Checks]Knowledge (Arcana) = 64, Know (History) = 36, Know (Nature) = 42, Know (Religion) = 54, Know (Planes) = 65;

Check results

I wasn't sure what you meant by "one knowledge roll" Jemal, so I rolled those I thought most appropriate and you can take your pick...[/sblock]

Roronoa

First Post
Oroz could not bring himself to answer Adamas's query as he left the cabin. All he could do was sigh as he wandered away from the magical homestead and into the woods. Back into the solitude he had known for so long. Back into a place where he could deal with the demons inside him without interferance from the outside world. He wandered for hours aimlessly as he considered his new situation. Eventually, he settled on a tree branch and drifted off to the two hour nap he takes each night.

Shayuri

First Post
"Of course you're all welcome to stay in my house," Sigil says in response to the Elder. "You're already invited. And my powers aren't spells, so I can afford to lose some sleep. I have some skill with magical items, though nothing like Silivrenniel, I'm sure."

"Anyone who wishes to stay in my abode, I can lead you there quickly. It's a short walk. Just let me know."

Rathan

First Post
Arineil starts to unbuckle her armor as she prepares to unwind for the night... surprisingly enough shore wore not much but to cover her skin from the leather and chain underneath her mithril plate armor... she was clad in a pair of cut off leather pants at the high thighs and a ratty under-armor white bloodstained shirt for a top.... I believe I will retired here actually Sigil... I wish to take you up on comfortable lodgings.. but as long as Sabastian suffers than I will as well... I rest where he rests for tonight until it's time to set out to find and unmake this curse the warrior said matter of factly as she moved to take out her sleeping pack and laid it out just outside the old mans cabin....

Remove ads