Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Zerith

First Post
Just in case it gos south... It's Jemal's idea! XD

so, travel by land, given that Felix looks like a minor, odds are Laura knows he is a meta*, and given how long it would take to travel over land, the nature of her power, and that the odds are they were sneaking across borders. I think it is safe to assume that she has either told felix or he has figured out she is a meta as well. not saying he would know the nature of it without acadently poking her or her telling her, or the like, but he would be able to asume she is a meta and theorize what would happen if someone touches her.
[*Felix would just show her his cat form, being able to call on his hybrid form unexpectedly is something he would like to be able to do if things go badly. no offense to Laura intended, but he likes to keep his options open ;3]

Felix would have likely, relatively, generally pooled into the trip's founding, by this I mean enough to live and travel on but not enough to splurge much; oddly high for someone of his apparent age to be able to call on but not an unfathomably high amount either.
if asked how he got "this much", he would probably say something along the lines of "I would have brought more, but Trace said I need to be more responsible with my allowance..." hinting at, to him, it's not that much.
He would also be using his alias, [FONT=&quot]David Fletcher.

[/FONT]As to his stated reason to want to travel he would hint at very recently becoming a meta.
Think you can add onto this at all? :3

Addon:
@Jemal:
so can I post the present character sheet alright?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Neither DM, nor the right player, but I dislike the fluff of the idea.

Stunting from traveling the lines as an electric current to open a portal people can step through is a bit much for my taste. But if the others (and the GM) are fine, I will go with the flow.

jkason

First Post
I'm not opposed to attempting the stunt, though I agree with WD that it's pushing things fluff-wise.

I was actually just waiting to get a consensus from the others on which plan seemed best (gadgets and walking in, or trying a portal stunt). I do have a secondary question about it, if Jemal allows it: is a portal each way two stunts, or would the 'stunted' power last such that Terry could make two (I suppose alternately he could hold open the first portal while everyone else tried to do some collecting...)

BBs

First Post
To Zerath

Laura would first off tell Felix that she is a meta-human, and not to touch her and give the reason why. She would do her best to help spend on things, but her supply on cash is limited, so she would question where he would get his cash. If anything to add, given enough time on the trip she would ask who is Trace, and if he asks anything about her family, she would mention she's an orphan and has none. On another note, how would they meet? Met in a said traveling station or something, or before hand by fluke, or other?

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
@BBs
could have him 'fishing' for metas at the time, metas are a small minority and taking some time to build up some trust before trying to recruitment a highly stressed person is good.
Had things gon, 'to plan', Felix would likely recrut have, without alerting Laura, called in a recruiter and then ease her towards the desired outcome.

As for fishing, I mean using G-corp surveillance rescores to find a probable meta and then have him 'bump into' the person in question, by large it's improvisation from there; make it seem less artificial a meting.
Addon: and yes, I think traveling stations, or just about any kind, would be a hot spot.

@ At the shunting sillyness: being able to change into an other mater is one thing, being able to change into a worm hole is just crazy.
I could see his power being able to drag along some deadweight/another persion: he takes his cloths and stuff himself after all.
But as a portal, given the natur of his ability that's like him stretching himself between two points and Then coring himself out so others can walk through him.
even if this was possible, this implies true mastery of his power, and aren't allot of our character's still reaching to their zenith?

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
You lack imagination! Come on, you can transform into a cat but not bend those small laws of physics? I say do it, it's the fastest and more failproof solution.

Zerith

First Post
energy to mas, mas to energy, works both ways, but it's simpler said then done, a portal drags in numerous complications that can ruin he process.
Something can be segmented as it gos in, it might enter the worm hole in a inconsistent speed, more then likely given that that instead of rolling in you would be walking in, tinny differences can translate to something being cut in half, minced, disjointed, condensed, ect
And here I'm not even figuring in the complications caused as the body, naturally, contorts as it moves though.
I'm not saying it's imposable, but he would have to learn how to make a stable wormhole, a task in and of itself, and then how to compensate for the near limitless veritable. learning to do this without killing some one trying to travel through. It's nothing to just make happen on a whim.

Letting The Grid drag another person along as he travels is powerful as is, and since he can drag his cloths through, without ruining them that means he already knows how to do so at least in part. it's far less of a stretch
also, Jkason, did not pay for the ability to make portals, the cost of the ability would go from 16 to 32 if he did so, or the range would go down the drain.
Right, hero points and such, I'm still not all that filmier with M&M XD

Addon: BTW, aren't we getting ahead of ourselves? Dose the party even know what room Laura is in yet?

Also, worst come to worst, Felix could get himself and Laura out easy enough; he can lift her up readily in his hybrid form and then just outmaneuver anyone chasing them; best of all he could start out by leaping from roof to roof then hit the side streets, cores he would need a second with a decent map to decide were he could and would go. :3
there is the whole possibility of her draining the life out of him but that is what bed sheets are for :D

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The idea is getting her out without anyone noticing my friend, that is the whole point. If it were to just get her, we could get in there, incapacitate everyone and walk away. Stealth!

Remove ads