Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Jemal

Adventurer
*Apparently I missed some posts in the IC thread, Felix is currently Riding Enoch (Not like that you pervs!), so that's already handled.
Too tired to make a good post, will update IC after sleep.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, now that you've retrieved the vials, destroyed all you could, and rescued a pair of mutants, its time to figure out whats next. What are your intentions/goals at the moment?
I doubt it, but are you actually going to give Phoenix the virus?

I figure we can discuss things OOC while we wrap up IC. I'm sure there'll be some discussion about it between characters, but I'd like to figure out your intentions/goals/views at the moment - both of player and character.
For that matter, how many of you remember why you started working for Phoenix without heading back to look it up? ;)
Also on that note: Uomo, Frost, Cass, and Felix are Gryphon guys, but the other half of the current group joined after you started "working for" Phoenix.. Shadow, Material Girl, and Enoch.

And don't forget you have the two NPCS who had been sent by Phoenix before you, the lady not seeming too happy about what happened. They could be potential recruits/converts and/or information sources.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I remember, we were infiltrating the oranization to bring down the mutant extremists, from whom we knew nothing, aside from teh fact that Gryphon Jr was working for them.

I imagine that we'll keep the virus, tell Phoenix our version of what happened, and then deliver the stuff to Gryphon. Material Girl and Enoch joined us to stop the virus thing, and Shadow already knew our arrangement. I don't believe nuke boy will be any help to any side, he's mostly like Nitro from the Xmen. The german fire chick could be easily persuaded with Uomo's gigantic social skills, I assume.

I think that when we get a chance to infiltrate inside the terrorist's headquarters, we could try to bring the show down for them.

Shayuri

First Post
Gryphon's probably more capable of making a cure than Phoenix... We could send them the sample, then tell Phoenix the virus was destroyed during the firefight.

jkason

First Post
Okay, I'm slowly starting to get my **** together. Looks like the blowout at the facility is over and Grid's nursing a belly wound, yes? I think I'm in a position to at least get back to posting at the slower rate this game tends to have, but I'm also fine if it's easier to write Grid out as 'on medical leave' or what have you. I find I continue to struggle with the M&M ruleset moreso than I have Pathfinder and D&D before it, so I know I wasn't always the best contributor even before my posting hiatus, after all.

Jemal

Adventurer
Ah, of course, the best way to ensure a player return - have his character gutshot.

I'm fine with keeping you in if you're capable of returning to 'active' duty, If that's what you want. Also, I never had problems with your contributions.

Voidrazor

First Post
Apologies for talking about something related to WD's game here, but I wanted to make sure Shayuri saw it.
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] - Please don't be put off from joining what looks to be a very cool game, just because I've been going back and forth with WD and Jemal over character creation. I'm pretty sure there is a slot left, and I'm certain that that you'll be less of a pain in the butt than I've been :blush:.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, new Issue is up, and time for powerup!
First up, The campaign's been going for a while, so finally time for a PL INCREASE. (I'm 99% sure I haven't done one yet...)
Secondly, Upgrades/PP bonuses:
[sblock=Frost] 10pp and a new complication: Nemesis (Mad Scientist). [/sblock]
[sblock=Cassandra] 10pp and Wealth 1 (you are now trusted enough to be allowed access the Gryphon accounts.) *Also I notice your character sheet in the RG wasn't updated after the last round of character upgrades*[/sblock]
[sblock=Grid] 9pp, also Your recent near-death experience has altered your biochemistry somewhat.
Grid gains Regen X(Uncontrollable), essentially you heal whenever I tell you. you also gain "Improved Recover": Like luck but it allows you to make one use of the 'recover' hero point ability without expending a hero point.
Also, I never finished your conversation with Genie for which I was going to give you some extra advantages. If you would like to reinitiate that there are bonuses to be earned, espeically considering her groups outlook and the current situation. If you weren't enjoying it, say so and I'll just give you something else. [/sblock]
[sblock=Uomo]9pp, the Leadership advantage, and 'Experienced Leader': An advantage that gives you one use of any 'fortune advantage' without expending a HP. You may buy up to 2 more ranks in this advantage if you wish.[/sblock]
[sblock=Laura]Just a flat 10pp, but there will be opportunities for interesting upgrades for you coming soon. ;)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Felix]
Your base 'regen 1' kicks back in as soon as you wish (And you now have it in ALL forms), as do your immunities, though you won't neccesarily know that.. The next time you are injured (By me, not self inflicted :p), Remove the limitations on your regeneration and immunities, and add Immunity: Poison as after fighting off the 'virus/toxin', your regeneration kicks into over-drive.
Also gain 5pp, and you may proceed with mutation upgrades as we had discussed before the virus, so long as you run things by me first.[/sblock]
[sblock=Material Girl]4pp on whatever skills you think Katrina may have picked up from this adventure and associating with these folks. (8 skill points), also 7pp to spend as you wish[/sblock]
[sblock=Enoch]
Not sure what to do with Enoch. I remember we were talking about possible changes to him, but I wanted to see how he handles in a 'real fight' before discussing that further. For now, just add 10pp and if need be we'll discuss changes later.[/sblock]

Alright I think that's everything. If any comments/questions/concerns/suggestions, feel free to post'em as always.

Last edited:

Remove ads