Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

hero4hire

Explorer
Jemal said:
Thanx, H4H, I couldn't find actual stats for him online, so was going by memory.
Nice to know you're still following along, btw. :D Remember you're free to join anytime you like.
*J01N T3H D4RD S1D3*

LOL thanks :D

Lobo Lurker

First Post
I assume that most combatants would know more or less what the blob weighs and just discard the idea of going after him where he's heaviest.

Milagroso

First Post
Sorry for the delay in posting. Unfortunately, due to a temporary shift in my life, I will be unable to post as regularly or as often I would like. But its only temporary. 2-4 weeks at the most. I'll probably be able to post once or twice a week... maybe more. I hope it doesn't slow the game down.

If it looks like it might, please just put me in the wings or something. But please don't drop me. Feel free to NPC me for awhile, if you like.

I completely forgot to modify my character sheet to show my skills with the attributes and the ranks, sorry. The one for my Hide should be 12 (5 Dex, 7 ranks).

I have no idea how many Hero Points I'm suppose to have. I'll check the book again when its next to me.

P.S. I'm sorry if my lack of knowledge in M&M is making combat more difficult. I'm sure I'll pick it up as we go along.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I ended up fixing a semi minor error on Miranda's character sheet: Her Rank for Life control power was one pl less then it should have been. I also applied her Glowing Eyes Drawback to the pp total then used the pp I gained to give her a sense life force alternate power. I also noticed an error in her telekenisis (she didn't have affects coporeal), so solved that mistake (by changing her extra from damaging to affects coporeal).

While I was at it, I made her "Maddening Wail" into a slective touch range area affect power (which I think works better then having it be ranged).

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Relique - All good.

Milagroso - Don't worry, I'll take care of julie for ya.
As for HeroPoints, it's 1 flat, Plus one each time you took the luck feat. You don't have Luck, so you have 1HP. You can gain more IN GAME whenever you have to face one of your complications, or when the DM does something that gives you one (such as DM Fiat, or using the equivalent of extra effort/HP for a badguy).

Victim

First Post
Jemal said:
Considering she's using a penetrating rank 17 attack, the impervious didn't matter. Would've mattered against Blob, but both Sabretooth and Shriek are Penetrating.

Ouch. Yeah, I saw that her damage was +17 from the toughness DCs, so I figured the impervious didn't really matter even without Penetrating.

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, I just went over Lightspeed's character sheet again and noticed a few things:

Lightspeed's "Growth strike" is impractical b/c of the way it works. You use it as you're getting bigger (Meaning you have to be smaller to begin with, then 'stop' your shrinking and grow back to normal size), and at your current rank, that's only 1 size category, meaning if you take the action to shrink, and then end it and grow again, you deal 1 damage.
I'd suggest dropping the growth strike, it's completely useless at lower ranks. (Gaining you 1pp)

What you could do for your Jack-Hammer is shrink (Adding the str bonus from Compression), and then use your Gravity Strike (Rank 8), which would add onto your newly-enhanced Str (18) to give you your Jackhammer attack: +10 hit, 12 damage(DC 27 toughness check).

Also, I noticed something else about your Shrinking.. You don't have Normal Toughness, but you need both Normal Strength AND Normal Toughness before you can take Compression. This would cost 4 pp.

Also, the toughness bonus you get from shrinking/Compression is only +2, not +4.

I'll ad-hoc it for now until you get back and figure out how to fix it.

Remove ads