• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Jemal

Adventurer
OK, Imerak, Molly's good to go, I'm just trying to figure out a way to write you in. You won't be in the X-men team b/c Molly's a bit young (Until/Unless you show them you're exceedingly mature), but there's plenty of others around the school to talk to.

Would you like me to work something up, or do you just wanna pop into the cafeteria and introduce yourself? (Either to NPC or PC doesn't matter)

drothgery

First Post
In D&D, you can make a tumble check to go full speed through difficult terrain; in M&M can you make an Acrobatics check to go full speed through an area where you'd normally have hampered movement? Quarterback can't fly, but he does have a +17 to Acrobatics :)

Milagroso

First Post
Jemal said:
OK, I just went over Lightspeed's character sheet again and noticed a few things:

Lightspeed's "Growth strike" is impractical b/c of the way it works. You use it as you're getting bigger (Meaning you have to be smaller to begin with, then 'stop' your shrinking and grow back to normal size), and at your current rank, that's only 1 size category, meaning if you take the action to shrink, and then end it and grow again, you deal 1 damage.
I'd suggest dropping the growth strike, it's completely useless at lower ranks. (Gaining you 1pp)

What you could do for your Jack-Hammer is shrink (Adding the str bonus from Compression), and then use your Gravity Strike (Rank 8), which would add onto your newly-enhanced Str (18) to give you your Jackhammer attack: +10 hit, 12 damage(DC 27 toughness check).

Also, I noticed something else about your Shrinking.. You don't have Normal Toughness, but you need both Normal Strength AND Normal Toughness before you can take Compression. This would cost 4 pp.

Also, the toughness bonus you get from shrinking/Compression is only +2, not +4.

I'll ad-hoc it for now until you get back and figure out how to fix it.

Thank you, Jemal. I'll use my downtime to study up in the book. But, well it reads like a textbook - y'know. I can't understand why this is going over my head... I'm usually a quick study at anything I get my hands on. Are there any other sources I should be reading - maybe something that gives the same instruction in different words?

In any case, that's two weeks down and two more to go before I get to go back to normal posting frequency.

Julie will most likely have an issue with.. was it Temper? Whomever disintegrated Shriek. Nothing against the player of course, totally IC. Julie will probably hold some sort of contempt for the hero who disintegrated Shriek. Nothing personal, its just that since she has a disintegrating power too, she knows how fatal it can be and feels it should only be used as a last resort. So, would the player mind if I explored this bit of role-playing? Perhaps it can lead to a long standing rivalry/animosity or a good friendship between the characters.

Victim

First Post
Milagroso said:
Julie will most likely have an issue with.. was it Temper? Whomever disintegrated Shriek. Nothing against the player of course, totally IC. Julie will probably hold some sort of contempt for the hero who disintegrated Shriek. Nothing personal, its just that since she has a disintegrating power too, she knows how fatal it can be and feels it should only be used as a last resort. So, would the player mind if I explored this bit of role-playing? Perhaps it can lead to a long standing rivalry/animosity or a good friendship between the characters.

Not a problem at all.

Jemal

Adventurer
RE: Wi-Fi's Quickness
You can't make a 'passive' power Sustained, so it would be ONLY 100 ranks. that's still more than enough to do any mental task you can take 20 on as a free action.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
[kidding]Ahh man, only 100 ranks!?! You're totally nerfing my powers Jemal![/kidding] :D

I'll try to update my char-sheet later. Sometimes I actually have to work at work. ;)

Jemal

Adventurer
Lobo - All hail my nerf bat! ;)
[sblock=DM's Nerf Bat]
Device Rank 20 (80pp) : [Gives 100PP]
Drain (reduces all traits at once) Rank 12 (100pp): No Saving Throw(+2), Total Fade(+1), Incurable(1), Slow Fade (3)
Make a Melle attack. If you hit, the defender makes a Fortitude Save (DC 22). For each point failed, (s)he looses 1 pp from ALL traits, up to 12 pp, with a minimum of 1pp even if the saves succeeds. The lost power points return after 1 minute per point lost.
[/sblock]

drerek - Yes, stunned means no action. You can reroll with a HP if you wish, but it's your last one. Also, please keep OOC stuff in the OOC thread, or as an sblock if you wish to include it as PART of a regular IC post.

Last edited:

Drerek

First Post
Jemal said:
drerek - Yes, stunned means no action. You can reroll with a HP if you wish, but it's your last one. Also, please keep OOC stuff in the OOC thread, or as an sblock if you wish to include it as PART of a regular IC post.
Fixed.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
A thought crossed my mind about how/why Miranda might not know some of the other students at the institute.. (ei Alchemist or wi-fi)

Beyond her not having class with some of the upperclassmen, or other student or her traveling back and forth from Los Angeles to Salem, I'm thinking that Miranda spent the majority of her time at school in ghost form. Also, it would make sense if she only really associated with a small group of students, and as a result she would have built up a reputation as a wall flower.

Last edited:

Remove ads