Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Victim

First Post
Shayuri said:
In theory. The GM would have to decide if that's an abuse of the Medium flaw. :)

In some ways, the Power Loss drawback seems to cover the same territory as medium without the same significant level of points savings. It's not like Katara is without water all that often, and her setting doesn't have plumbing connected to most every building.

On the other hand, if you're going to have to spend your first standard action of every fight TKing available, then that action cost seems pretty significant. That's l20% of your standard actions in a 5 round fight. Full Round Action is costing the character per round, but standard actions are much more valuable than move actions. And the sfx of many character's attacks can probably destroy or disperse lots of the water she's using.

Hmm.

Shayuri

First Post
Orrrr...I could backtrack again, and introduce a different character.

There are things I like about Calypso, but the power theme is pretty uninspired, and raises problematic questions about irritatingly mundane and non-heroic subjects like how much water is in the area. :)

My brain meats are chock full of ideas for supers...and it's not like Calypso is really tightly integrated yet. She's met and talked with peeps, but only for a little while. It wouldn't take much to make up for lost time.

Victim

First Post
Shayuri said:
Orrrr...I could backtrack again, and introduce a different character.

There are things I like about Calypso, but the power theme is pretty uninspired, and raises problematic questions about irritatingly mundane and non-heroic subjects like how much water is in the area. :)

My brain meats are chock full of ideas for supers...and it's not like Calypso is really tightly integrated yet. She's met and talked with peeps, but only for a little while. It wouldn't take much to make up for lost time.

Well, if you don't make up your mind quickly, then your character is falling further behind whichever way you decide.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Shayuri said:

True, but then again half of the characters were in that "meeting up in an inn" pre-adventure mode so even if there was not real integration, however, there was still some connections made between characters. No matter what, it shouldn't be hard for you to make up lost time no matter what character you play, but until then the question about what happened to Calypso will sort of linger in air an unsettling way.

Shayuri

First Post
That...is true.

Okay. I think what I'll do is reprise Calypso for now. Questions about powers notwithstanding. Then I can at least rejoin the fun for now, and if I ultimately decide I'm not happy with her, I can work with Jemal and other players to write her out gracefully, rather than having her evaporate.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Victim

First Post
Reflex saves vs danger room (1d20+17=20, 1d20+17=23) He fails both, but b/c of his Improved evasion, the dc is only 23 for the toughness saves (Too bad his toughness save is +1)
DC 23 Toughness saves vs smooshing (1d20+1=18, 1d20+1=4)
you gain another hp as he rerolls the toughness save. :p
Reroll Toughness Save vs smooshing. (1d20+1=16) Stunned.

Info: Alchemist: 1 hp, 2 bruised, exhausted. Quicksilver: 2 bruised, stunned.

Umm, you know that Area based attacks are capped by PL, not by a character's tradeoffs, right? No attack roll -> no tradeoff effect. So the maximum rank of Alchemist's area powers would be 11. Therefore, Quicksilver would succeed on the second reflex save.

Caros

First Post
I are fail =.=; Haven't touched the book in months so that one slipped by me =(

Fortunately it doesn't seem to be that bad, he fails the first save, remains stunned and I don't get a hero point... I think.

And on a side note that has been amusing me for days. Relique, watching you post is awesome. Post, Four minutes later edit, two minutes later edit, three minutes later final edit. Its like watching someone draw in stages. ^_^

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I know I should have asked a long time ago... But is this the game's current of X Mansion?

What's not shown on this map are:
1. The Infirmary (located in the basement)
2. A nurse's office (?) located upstairs
3. A communications center (???)
4. Several common/game rooms (located near the offices)
5. The Danger room (located in the basement and taking up multiple levels as per the movie)
6. Cerebra (also in the basement and takes up multiple levels as per the movie)
7. Student cemetery (adjacent to the memorial gardens... ).

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
see IC post for what's in the basement, It's a standard two-floor (Plus basement) school/mansion for the most part, i'm not going into details on how far everything is from everything else, just giving you general times it'll take to get places based on available movement powers.

Remove ads