Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Caros

First Post
*Briefly slaps his forehead at the IC/OOC* I know cloning from a modern point of view is kinda... inexact (Understatement of the year!) for the purposes of this, but I kinda gotta agree with magneto here.

We've got a guy who's eyes are a dimentional portal to the demiplane of punch. We've got a guy who ignores conservation of mass (How exactly does wolverine regenerate large portions of his body when they get burned away!) Its marvel, they have clones. Hell, Spiderman had an entire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clone_Saga !

*Laughs* I dunno, I guess its just a difference in suspension of disbelief (Isn't making a crack at anyone, just... finds it funny is all.) ^_^

Victim

First Post
"Okay, a pack of flying laser great white sharks swoop down and attack your characters -"

"- That's impossible!"

"What?"

"Those sharks are solitary animals."

I take no credit; I just can't remember where I heard that.

----------------------------------------

It's not just a matter of SoD. It's also matter of the characters' knowledge of the world. Of course, since most MU stuff happens in New York, super hero related activities and technologies are probably rather remote in other regions of the country.

Jemal

Adventurer
My thoughts on the matter are included in my IC update in an Sblock. I apologize if they are taken personally, that's not the intent, but I felt being blunt was the only way to deal with this issue.

drothgery

First Post
My thoughts on the matter are included in my IC update in an Sblock. I apologize if they are taken personally, that's not the intent, but I felt being blunt was the only way to deal with this issue.

ENWorld ate a longer reply, but my basic answer here is that
- I asked a few days ago (right after I made my first post in the whole cloning sub-thread) how much I could assume real-world biology applied; you didn't say anything then.
- It's inconcievable that a doctor's kid (and Dr. Hassell is his father, not his mother) who's extremely smart in his own right would not know basic biology, and what Eric's been saying about cloning is really basic
- It is possible to get a perfect physical duplicate. You just can't get one by cloning. Nanotech is probably the best handwavium for that right now (and it's not something Eric knows much about).
- I do have a more than a little bit of hangup on treating clones as fast, disposable, perfect copies; it's not accurate, and if the last point is accurate then treating them as disposable is really creepy.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Well creepy is right on the money considering that in the comics Stryker tried to brain wash Xavier and have him telepathically kill every mutant on the planet by hooking him into a machine (a plot that was rehashed in the X-men 2 movie).

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Actually, can we get those knowledge checks?

Well creepy is right on the money considering that in the comics Stryker tried to brain wash Xavier and have him telepathically kill every mutant on the planet by hooking into Cerebra (which of course became part of the plot of X-men 2).

Well, the villain's nefarious schemes notwithstanding, whether or not these copies are effectively people has a great deal of impact on our character's actions. If the copy is basically an identical twin that's been brainwashed, then that suggests a different sort of response than if it's an automata with another person's face.

Last edited:

Remove ads