• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

D'Raven

First Post
Any party member that walks throu the door enters a "fancy" throne room. The door they enter is a large floor standing mirror. A mob of servants swarm them with food, drink, hot towels, cool towels and an assortment of other minor services.

William looks crossly at Braham. "I am on my break." the old elf sighs. "Also I am loyal to the family. Should the young master not wish to speak out side the scry proof chamber I am afraid I must submit to his parranoia. Things are rather distressing. My worst fear is that he is right and there may be need for us to have a bit more caution in where we speak." From right behind Ur a comes a sound of triumph. To Urs surprise he is some how holding a metal vase. "I said MAY!"

[sblock=STEALTH skill mastery 59] Darrian moves behind Ur and slips a metal vase into his hands. Sleight of hands skill mastery 51. Before moving past him. To stand beside the door. Tumble skill mastery 44[/sblock]

Beside the door the young man appears. He looks around nervesly before bowing low. With a twich he licks his lips as if to moisten them. "Gre..greetings I am Darrian I welcome you to my place of business." He does not look at all comfortable.

[sblock=occ]If any character acts threatening toward him he will disappear again.[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Braham sighs. "Very well, sir."

To the man next to the door he says "Greetings, Darrian. You should consider that paranoia can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Myself, I can turn invisible, but if I wish for a little privacy I generally prefer a simple disguise.

I'll ... go get the chariot."

That he does, bringing it back inside in pocket size form, and will go to join the others.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Through the looking glass

Gerard Bows politely, not sure what the intentions are of their host.

"Gerard Hampton of Kaainsbridge" He sees the nervousness of THE LEGION's host an will hopefully set the mood of his fellows. He straitens and says, "Thank you for you hospitality."

sense motive: +11; will expect dm control on this

OOC: once I find the mini-stat block to use, I will start to do so

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
William finishes his tea before getting up and leaving throu the door. He pauses at the door. "Young Master for future reference, when one wishes to make friends, one starts with that." On the other side he addressees the party that has moved through the door. "I suppose that now my break is over I will have to play host until the every one is through so that the young master may join us." He sighs and his bones creak as he tries to straighten his back. "Welcome to Raven's Loft, home and business of the Ravens for generations. I am William Elsmer, care taker of the estate and the family for the last twelve hundred years. To those whom carry POWER we extend our hospitality and friendship."He turns to the servants with a scowl. "The chairs? Where are the chairs? Do you expect this old man to stand here!?" With a flurry of activity and a smiling demeanor at this old joke several couches, stools, benches, chairs and Chaise longues are placed around the throne. William sits wearily in a old beat up char that is placed beside the throne. "Sit. Might as well wait for those three in comfort."

In the cabin Darrian waits nervously beside the door.
[sblock=ooc] I believe that Tutek and Ur are the only ones left in the cabin other then Darrian.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gerard sits upon a stool and sighs deeply, [COLOR=00FFF70]"And I thought I was bull headed. I wonder how long it'll take them?"[/COLOR]

kinem

Adventurer
"Gerard, we still don't know if this is a trick. But, I must admit, the time had come to use your preferred method of trap finding" Braham says.

As he enters the room, he scans it for magic, as well as for any more hidden creatures using his Voidsense. He does expect abjuration and conjuration magic, but illusion or necromancy would alarm him.

He waves the servants away and takes a seat. There had been times in his life when he'd had to sleep on nothing but stony ground, with hunger and thirst his only companions; other times when he'd been guest of honor celebrated at royal palaces, and everything in between. As a result, though he does enjoy creature comforts more than he likes to let on, he does not let them distract him, especially at times like this.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Your decision was wise Darrian Raven." states the Ogre. Tutek looks down at Ur "Lets go my friend, there is no longer need to delay things further." he says, and slowly makes his way to the door, eyeing Darrian as he goes.

D'Raven

First Post
[sblock=if Tukek makes a threatening move before he enters the door.] Darrian ducks through the door which ends the portals duration and opens the door to the out side. He then activates the first use of the mirror to scry the cabin.[/sblock]

[sblock=If Tutek does not make a threatening move before he enters the door.] Darrian dives through and hits the ground. After he stands and dusts himself off He clears his throat. He seems far less nervous then he was in the cabin. [sblock= skill mastery bluff 44] He's trying to put on a brave face but he's still very nervous.[/sblock] He calmly walks over to the throne and sits on the arm. Waving his hand he dismisses the servants and waits for them to leave. When the door closes behind the last one he sighs and starts to talk. "Now that we're safe from spying. I bid you welcome to the Bazaar and congratulate you on completing you first exterplaner journey. Don't worry should you wish to leave we can send you to any place you or any one here has been. That is as long as they remember it of course. The room you are in is protected from all means of scrying. I didn't wish to speak of any matter of import out side of it. When ones family holds clues to the safety or destruction of all of creation one starts to worry."[/sblock]

Edit- occ-move down to after Ur forgot he was there.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
From right behind Ur a comes a sound of triumph. To Urs surprise he is some how holding a metal vase.

Ur's grip instinctively tightens, beginning to imprint the shape of his fingers into the metal...

OOC: Wisdom check: 1d20+7=19. Moderate success.

... but then he relaxes and simply drop the vase into his blue pouch. "There is no reason to punish the maker for the owner's folly," he tells the old elf with some respect before turning back to Braham. "I am beginning to see the full wisdom of your words."

Under the beard, his jaw is slightly more clenched than usual.

"Your decision was wise Darrian Raven." states the Ogre. Tutek looks down at Ur "Lets go my friend, there is no longer need to delay things further." he says, and slowly makes his way to the door, eyeing Darrian as he goes.
Ur nods, and yet his steady gaze remains on the young man a while longer, drinking in the whole of him through deep pools of black... "How have you managed to sell anything?" he sounds more... puzzled than anything else.

<Response Raven?>

OOC: What does Raven look like, D'Raven? Ur triggers his Power Sight on him. (Note: I'm going to assume that the vase is a plain metal vase with nothing in it).

D'Raven

First Post
In response to the dwarf's question, Darrian shrugs. "My employes handle that. I sign paper work and give excuses and apologies for not showing up at balls and parties. I said the guild runs it self. I don't have to deal with most customers and those I do already know of my ... Eccentric qualities."

[sblock=occ] my above action is still on hold until the last party member is in the throne room. There is a basic description of him in the rogues gallery. And power sight. Wait jemal did something different with that spell didn't he... It's a 3.0 spell... With his change... I'm ECL 20.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads