• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying, still standing before the door, weighed alternatives, then said, "I think we should go. But if the consensus is to leave and get more help, I will go with you. But I think I know of no priests more able to help us, than we are to help ourselves. Some risks cannot be minimized;they must be faced."

D'Raven

First Post
The old elf raises an eye brow and looks over in Mei Ying's direction. "First sensible thing I have heard from this side of the door yet. Young Master I think you would do well to learn from the young lady, might help with your paranoia."

"William." Darrian's voice is a cross between anger and embarrassment.

"Darrian Cor Raven! Do not 'William' me. I will not stand for it In my house. That fear you hold is a shame to your family. Raven, bless that innoble soul, would never have talerated it and nor will I."

Darrian appears on the other side of the table shaking his fist at William "It's only paranoia if they're not out to get you!" After a slight pause Darrian looks around at the rest of the group and with a startled yelp disappears again.

William shakes his head. "And the rest of you, call yourselves hero's do you? Scaring a boy like that, in my day we had the patience to wait out these situations."

Jemal

Adventurer
Tutek's weapon snickers. "by my grandfathers socks these two are almost as crazy as you, 'my liege'"

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
"Your grandfather's socks, eh?" William looks over to the chain and by extension Tutek. "i'm probably old then any grandfather you ever had you talking leash."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"by my grandfathers socks these two are almost as crazy as you, 'my liege'"
The ogre found some of those rare occasions in which he agrees with the lunatic sorcerer.

"Older than me?" Sendesemcal cackles.
"I, Tutek of the Mountain Alliance, will not indulge a child. My patience is limited, taste it is not something you wish to do." It is clear that the ogre will not take lightly any more playing around.

Shayuri

First Post
"Tutek," Mei Ying said, "please consider your words. His young appearance means nothing. Many beings do not age as we do. His abilities suggest skill...we are not easy to hide from."

To the elf and the...young man...she adds, "You have nothing to fear from us, if you deal with us in good faith. Now, in any situation where trust must be built, one side must be first to extend it's hand. Therefore..."

She opened the door.

"I apologize for forcing our hand...but a decision had to be made. Our enemies will not wait idly for us to trade gibes. I hope you will forgive me...and follow me."

With that, she stepped through.

kinem

Adventurer
Braham addresses the old elf. "Good day, sir. William, I take it. I am Braham.

It seems that your young ... employer ... wishes to send us off on a quest. However, he has been less than forthcoming regarding both himself and his proposal to us, which has not served him well in terms of our opinions of same. In fact, he has proven deceitful, which inclines me to decline his offer or at least verify certain facts elsewhere.

Are you willing and able to shed some light on the matters?"

edit: ninja'd by Shayuri

Braham looks carefully as Mei steps through the portal, though he doesn't immediately follow, unless it appears that some danger presents itself to her, instead giving the elf time to answer him.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"And, sir William, if I may add to my friend Sir Braham, I hope you will be joing us." Gerard then steps through the door.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Mei Ying, still standing before the door, weighed alternatives, then said, "I think we should go. But if the consensus is to leave and get more help, I will go with you. But I think I know of no priests more able to help us, than we are to help ourselves. Some risks cannot be minimized;they must be faced."
"A job worth doing is worth doing well," mildly counters Ur, his dark eyes calmly but steadily tracking *something* across the room -- something that seems to not so oddly correspond with the location of the disappearing objects.

"And, sir William, if I may add to my friend Sir Braham, I hope you will be joing us." Gerard then steps through the door.
The bare-armed, bare-footed dwarf sighs minutely, sharing a sympathetic look with the dark-skinned desert man across the room: "We are the Legion," he tells Braham rather simply, by way of consolation. "Might as well try to cage the whirlwind."

<Response Braham?>

The burning, all consuming impatience of most humans does remain a thing of incredulous wonder for him though, even after all these years... As does their startling reversals (though in Gerard's case, it is perhaps understandable, given who stepped through the door first...). He himself waits with Braham and Tutek for as long as they wish to wait, calmly looking from the old elf to the young 'fae' human, waiting for any possible answers...

OOC: EDIT=Readied action: If Raven tries to cross the doorway (and therefore isolate Mei Ying and Gerard on the other side), Ur will hit him back across the room using Knockback.

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Braham simply waits politely for the elf to reply, showing no worry about the turn of events, and nods to Ur.

Last edited:

Remove ads