Gaming W/Jemal: War of Gods

Shayuri

First Post
Jemal...I'm unclear on something.

Is there anything else in the city nearby Setis that might be of interest to a druid? Say...rare species of plant or animal on display, or perhaps a trove of druidic knowledge passed down on bark scrolls?

Also, does the Cubic Gate had to be present at the portal's location to mtaintain it, or can Setis roam a bit with the portal still open?

Jemal

Adventurer
Alright, Posting was delayed but I'm working on it today, so it will be up before I go to bed.

Shayuri - To answer your questions, Yes you can roam, but the Cube itself has to stay near the portal.
And yes there likely would be Druidic relics/writings around, as there would relics of all sorts, this being basically the 'capital' of humanoid civilization on the Prime. If something had been posted earlier I would've allowed more to come of it, but the city scene has been stagnant, nothing's really happening so I'm ending this section. I'll have Setis find something, but it won't be anything really big(Probably). Better luck next time.

On a related note, as this IS an Epic campaign, I hope for some input from the players and their characters as to how the world is shaped and what important things may be happening.. I don't mean that I want you designing encounters or telling the story, but your characters are some of the most powerful/important beings in the world, nexus' of power around whom things tend to happen. Don't just wait for them to happen. And don't be afraid to insert stuff, unless you start making huge changes, I'll be able to work it in - I'm adaptive if nothing else, and I really enjoy when Players have ideas that make me change something in the game.

Shayuri's question just now, for example, is the kind of thing I was hoping for - showing initiative, just a bit late this time. Who knows though, what Setis finds could turn out to be an important part of the plot - And I hadn't even planned on putting it into the game until now. ;)

Important Information:
With that in mind, After each section/chapter/combat, or after a particularly good role playing stint, I will be giving Fate Points to characters who I feel did something noteworthy (Keeping in mind that they ARE Epic, and thus held to a different level of 'noteworthy' than most), or that helped to advance the story. VERY Occasionally, I will give a Fate point out of order just b/c somebody did something TRULY EPIC that needs rewarding.

Fate points will have several uses, primary among them being that once a character has accumulated 5 or more, they will be able to start unlocking powers simliar to Divine Beings.
Other uses:
Fate points can be used (Temporary, regenerating when a character rests) to gain a reroll (Like the clerical luck domain), or to have something happen that the Player wants to happen (Within reason, and provided it is not against the good of the story) IE A player could use it to 'find' a clue when he's stuck on a puzzle, or discover a weakness in an apparently unbeatable foe.

Fate points can be permanently spent (Burnt) to do one of the following:
Cast Wish or Miracle as a full-round action without spending XP. (DM still has final say, but I will be much more lenient on Wishes used like this, since Fate is a very powerful resource.)
Gain half a level of XP.
Gain a Non-epic Magical Item *can be added on to a current Item if slot is required*. (DM has final say on allowed Items. If i disallow the item you will retain the Fate point)

So basically you can keep them and build up towards 'divine' power (rather an alternative to Divine Power. ;) ), or expend them to increase your Mortal powers or make your life a little easier.

*All of this information will be edited into the main Post.*

Characters who've earned a Fate point for the City Scene.
Setis, Elle

Jemal

Adventurer
Will probably be another day or two before I get a good post up for this game, hopefully with Dec. over things'll pick up a bit once we start rolling.

Jemal

Adventurer
UGh, sorry folks, thought I'd be getting more time but I haven't, I may have to put this on hold for a while longer, but I do intend to continue.

Jemal

Adventurer
alright, I'm at the point where I'm keeping up with everything including pbp games, so now that I'm fairly certain I'll have the time for it, let's see if people are interested in getting this back up. There will have to be some changes, specifically I've figured out some minor retconning to make things a bit more linear so you guys don't have as much trouble deciding what to do next.

It'll be more structured, and I'll be able to keep the main story/plot I had planned. If you guys get more comfortable with the game and wish to break into more freeform later that'll still be an option.

So, who wishes to continue after our few months break?

Shayuri

First Post
Hragh. I'm not sure how I feel about taking on another game. I like War of the Gods, but it's definitely a high-maintenance game, since I have to keep track of a large amount of info in order to make posts.

Not impossible, but I am cautious it might cause my posting in other games to suffer. Give me some time to think it over.

Remove ads