Gaming W/Jemal: War of Gods

Jemal

Adventurer
I'm going to hold off on updating for another day or two in case anybody hasn't posted yet, or in case anybody who HAS posted wishes to change their actions in light of other players responses.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well I think that's long enough, had planned to post Sunday, but got a bit too drunk at my aunt's wedding Saturday. ;)

Anyways, writing IC update now, should be up soon, so whatever's currently posted will be your actions.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
btw, I am fine keeping my actions to a narrative at this point. Anything to keep the game running smoothly. I'll be keeping with the same actions until something changes anyways.

In terms of Ruik's speed, you are also off on your calculations. He is a barbarian, which makes his base land speed 10 faster (so he would move 210), and he is packing wings of flying (which would allow him to fly at 230ft).

Also I suppose I just want to mention, I knew epic speed did not get doubled by boots of swiftness, but it seems a bit harsh to me that it would negate the bonus from it entirely (I always assumed it just added on after the doubling). Though from what I can tell it is technically accurate, I'm just saying it seems a little... I dunno... strict.

I guess it all goes back to epic D&D hates monks. Buy boots of swiftness and wings of flying and all of a sudden any base 30ft movement character goes as fast as a 31st level straight monk (or a level 22 monk with wings of flying, but still, devoted speed class vs absolutely no investment... it doesn't seem to match up in my eyes.)

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
You're talking as if somehow pre-Epic Monks actually do something (worst class out of Core and second worst in the whole of 3.5)

BTW there is an item in the MiC called Cloak of the Phoenix - it grants an unlimited flight per day for 50k gp. It has restrictions on maneuverability however.

Jemal

Adventurer
IC Update is up.

Also, Flesh, since the Frenzy thing is bothering you so much, just replace them with normal Rages as Barbarian.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
alrighty, so I was going through my numbers and found out my listed speeds are all wrong. Don't know what I was smoking at the time, or it could have been since I was overwriting my other character, but whats done is done. Heres my new numbers.

Land: 30 Base + 10 Barb + 15 Dervish = 55 x2 = 110ft
Fly (Raptoran): 40 Base + 15 Dervish = 55 x2 = 110ft
Fly (Wings): 60 Base + 15 Dervish = 75 x2 = 150ft

Remove ads