Gaming W/Jemal: War of Gods

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
You would have to read the stat block on a roper to understand it Fenris.

Though Jemal is doing things slightly different, since against a normal roper its a sunder attempt that does not provoke an AoO to break a strad, whereas he's been using regular attacks on the strand (thank god, I think that roper outhits us to the point where party members would have quite the trouble getting out if that were the case).

Jemal

Adventurer
Fenris: As Dharuhk said, it's a Roper thing. They have 6 strands they can use to 'grab' people, as you've been noticing. When 'stranded', you're not technically 'grappled', you just can't move any further away from the roper. On its turn, it gets to drag you in 20' closer for free if you're still attached. On your turn you can sever a strand with a sunder attempt.
I've forgone the 'sunder' feature and made it a straight up attack, b/c I discouraged PC's from taking sunder due to MAD, so I didn't want to penalize you all for something I discouraged in the first place.

Severing a strand frees you, but deals the roper no damage, and it can exude a new one on its turn as a free action (Basically the only lasting effect is that you're - temporarily at least - freed from the strand)

PS, It's Rathan's turn in case he didn't notice IC.

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, Rathan appears to be offline for now, don't suppose anybody knows why or when he'll be back?

I'll give till later tonight just in case he's watching but hasn't been posting, and then I'll NPC his turn.

Jemal

Adventurer
Not sure if I mentioned this before, but Just for the record I expect combats to go much quicker than this in the actual campaign - This fight suffers from the problem of "NPC-PC-NPC-PC-NPC-PC", so everybody has to wait their turn and wait on others to post.

In most of my combats, I expect either single-boss fight, or several NPC's/monsters with similar Initiatives, so it'll be more like "DM - PCs", and you can post in whatever order you want amongst yourselves. That'll significantly speed up the process.

This fight also has the problem of being basically 4 boss encounters, so it's a big epic long fight.

i just realised that my armour bonus increases when i grow cause being tiny halfs my armour bonus... now does that only apply to the normal armour bonus or the magical as well? gotta talk to u about that. so my ac looks like ...i'm gonna have to rewrite ALL of my character sheet... 70-103 not sure where i got that 2 ac from or lost 3...

Jemal

Adventurer
Sorry all for the hiatus, I'm back from my month off, fresh with a brand spanking new computer.

Just like to take a roll call to see who's still around/interested.

Remove ads