Gaming W/Jemal: War of Gods

Shayuri

First Post
Jemal, answers for your questions.

firstly, I don't have 5 levels of warshaper, so yeah, I had to use Wildshape again. that does heal me up a bit though, so it's not all bad.

regarding the bleed damage; I have Fast Heal...I've been assuming that negates the bleed each turn, but in hindsight perhaps I shouldn't be so hasty. Does Fast Healing count?

sorry for jumpng on that but i did correct meself on the activations, and the way you stated it it sounded like you could keep the scyth in the glove and attack with it. haveing a defending weapon in a caster's glove isn't all that bad really, more expensive then the armour spikes way but nothing wrong, though the bonus that it gives from beaing a broad blade wouldn't work because thats not magic it's from using it like a shield.

Fenris

Adventurer
Fenris - He is correct, you are NOT grappled this round, just stranded. The strand can be attacked and severed (Rather easily as you've all discovered), or you can just live with it and act freely so long as you don't move any further from the roper. Though then it gets to reel you in for free on its next turn. :D

I'll give you a while to change your post if you'd like to alter your actions in light of that information (with your reach, you can attack the cat). Please post here when you've edited it.. OR post here If you don't want to change it.. Either way, throw me a post, so I know when to update.

ALL: TL;DR = Waiting a little longer to see if Fenris wants to change his post given new information.

Ah, my apologies. So I did change it, using the hasted glaive I attacked the roper three times and tried to trip the cat (made the contingency attack) as well as one out-right attack on the cat. Hope it isn't too confusing.

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Fenris, you're kinda selling yourself on your trip check there. You have improved trip which gives you a +4, you are large which gives you +4, you have bracers of relentless might which give you +8, and if you have a swift action you can expend charges of some of your items to take that check even higher.

Albedo

First Post
Greetings all. This is your co-DM here, assisting Jemal from behind the scenes and creater of 2 of the friendly critters you are playing with. Normally I leave the posting to Jemal, but he ran late and had to go to work before posting. As such here I am.

Fenris: Killikak successfully trips the cat.

Dharuhk: Since Killikak went before Elle, you can choose to retcon your turn as well if you'd like.

Jemal

Adventurer
yoh got a character to post :p not sure whats left of the acid test but if i can still join let me know xD

[sblock=Mizore]Race: half-orc

levels 2Monk/2Barb/4Fighter/2Tempest/30Dervish

Str/24/+7 HD: D10 HP:720 Current:720
Dex/54/+22 AC:83/106 Flat:61 Touch:27
Con/26/+8 Speed:340ft
Int/20/+5 Fort:43+ Reflex:53+ Will:41+
Wis/30/+10 BAB:54+/74+ Init:24+
Cha/14/+2

Skills:
Escape Artist:43/65
Hide:43/65
Intimidate:43/45
Listen:43/53
Move Siltenly:43/65
Perform(Dance):12/17
Spot:43/53
Tumble:43/65
Use Rope:43/65

Feats:
Combat Expertise
Expeditious Dodge
Mobility
Weapon Focus(Kama)
Two-Weapon Fighting
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Greater Two-weapon Fighting
Perfect Two-weapon Fighting
Power Attack
Keenerd Scout
Altertness
Combat Reflexes
Improved Grapple
Weapon Finess
Hand of Osomao-wo
DRx3 9/-
Flurry of Blows
Weapon Sec
Run
Epic Weapon Focus(kama)
Epic Speedx4
Unarmed Strike
Melee Weapon Mastery(slashing)

Attacks:

1D6+31

74+/74+/74+/74+/74+/74+/69+/69+/64+/64+/59+/59+

Special:

Dervish Dance 15/day
Movement Mastery
Slashing Blades
Fast Movement +50
Spring Attack
Dance of Death
Improved Reaction
Elaborate Parry
Tire Dance
A Thousand Cuts
Trap Finding
Evasion

Gear: Gold:53,000
Ring of Prot(+5) 50,000
Ring of Freedom of Movement 40,000
Tome of Strengh(5+) 137,500
Tome of Dex(5+) 137,000
Tome of Con(4+) 110,000
Tome of Int(5+) 137,000
Tome of Wis(4+) 110,000
Chitin Plating(5+) Nat 100,000
Silfilar Bones Cha(2+) 110,000
Silfilar Muscles Str(2+) 110,000
Silfilar Tendons Dex(2+) 110,000
Healing Blood (FH2) 91,000
Bracers of Armour (20+) 4,010,000
Boots of Swiftness 256,000
Casters Glove 35,000
Rod of Invulnerability 600,000
Amulet of Natural Armour(5+) 50,000
Wings of FLying 54,000
Monks Belt 13,000
Strong Arm Bracers 6,000
Amulet of Con (6+) 36,000
Kama(5+)(collision)2,(Transmute)2,(magebane)1,Adamantine 200,302
Kama(5+)(Defending)3.(Speed)1,(Mercy)1,Adamantine 200,302
Gloves of Dex (20+) 4,010,000
Vest of Resistance(10+) 1,000,000
Hand of Glory 12,000
Ring of Universal Resistance 180,000
[/sblock]

Allright Ruik, couple things.
First off: Please post the character into the Rogue's Gallery

Secondly, when you do so, please include the math breakdowns for your character (AC, saves, Attack bonus, and stats specifically). Just take a look at some of the other characters in the gallery for examples of how to write it up on here. On that note, I see some apparent Number errors in your gear. You have caster glove listed as 35,000, you have Bracers of Armour+20 as 4,010,000 and you have gloves of dex +20 as 4,010,000. What's the math on that? Also your tomes of Dex and Int should be 500 more each.

Thirdly, I've entered you into Initiative, I rolled a 33 for you, placing you after the Cat but before the swarm.
For your entry, I've decided to have a little fun. :D
You were a little late to the party, and had to have a mage help you out in discovering where everybody had gotten off to. He managed to locate them and has teleported you in. Your arrival point will be marked on the current round's map, as with your initiative placement.
You don't know what's been going on, or even that the encounter had begun until you arrive, but are quick enough to react. Have fun. :)

And finally, two things for everybody:
FIRST: It's not required for the test, and things may change on yoru characters but I'd appreciate it if everyone would put some work into character backgrounds to be posted in the gallery - Or if you allready have a background in mind, post it up.

Second: I'm going to be asking that everybody switch to invisiblecastle again (Those that haven't allready). With the amount of rolling required for an Epic campaign, the links it provides and the way it rolls are just so much easier for all involved, IMO. If anybody disagrees, please respond with your thoughts.
If you don't know the site, it's pretty easy to find. www.invisiblecastle.com

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Ah, my apologies. So I did change it, using the hasted glaive I attacked the roper three times and tried to trip the cat (made the contingency attack) as well as one out-right attack on the cat. Hope it isn't too confusing.

PS
For the future, please post what your actions are in the IC thread along with your post.. I'm updating and had to make a judgement call on this. Your IC post seems to indicate three attacks on the strands wheras your OOC post here says you attack the roper three times. I will update under the assumption that one attack is directed at the strand to free yourself, and the other two are at the roper itself (Keeping in mind that the strands are not connected to the Ropers HP, it can exude more of them at will. Severing them is just to keep it from reeling you in and eating you).

Also, For everybody again : If you're not rolling your own damage, please include a little statblock telling me what to roll for you if you do it, so I don't have to go through your sheet doing the math myself and wondering if you have any hidden abilities that add bonus damage. (Sorry if that sounds a bit bitter, I don't mean to, just trying to be straight-forward. :) )

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, out of DM/Balance curiosity (And after seeing Dharuhk's now 115 AC after I'd assumed everybody would be capping around 100), I'd like to know what everybody's Maximum AC could be (Assuming self-controlled variables, not counting things like cover).

EDIT: On that note, was poking through the rogue's gallery and noticed something about Rathan's character -
Duvalis doesn't have anything giving him an Armour Bonus. I know he's monk, but bracers would still function for him, and you could afford the nonepic +8 ones for a mere 64K.
Not sure if I've mentioned that before or not, just figured I'd point it out in case you want to change that after the Acid Test.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
PS
For the future, please post what your actions are in the IC thread along with your post.. I'm updating and had to make a judgement call on this. Your IC post seems to indicate three attacks on the strands wheras your OOC post here says you attack the roper three times. I will update under the assumption that one attack is directed at the strand to free yourself, and the other two are at the roper itself (Keeping in mind that the strands are not connected to the Ropers HP, it can exude more of them at will. Severing them is just to keep it from reeling you in and eating you).

Also, For everybody again : If you're not rolling your own damage, please include a little statblock telling me what to roll for you if you do it, so I don't have to go through your sheet doing the math myself and wondering if you have any hidden abilities that add bonus damage. (Sorry if that sounds a bit bitter, I don't mean to, just trying to be straight-forward. :) )
Jemal, my apologies, I did not understand the difference between the targets.

Remove ads